• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Official 'Ask Paul McBeth' Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a couple ?s

Are you a bag hoarder..ive seen you carry a few different ones (no excuses/grip/lat64/etc)...which is your favorite and why?

also..i have a kcpro plastic bb PnA Aviar and a kcpro beadless PnA Aviar that says McP on the bottom..are one of these going to be your sig disc..whats the scoop on these?

Hey Paul,

I have a serious question. As a fairly new player who plays in SN land (never played a PDGA tournament), how would you compare the talent level, field to field, between the PDGA and Southern Nationals? Or do you have a reference point in order to compare the two?

Hey Paul. Thank you for taking the time to answer all of our questions.
What do you throw on hole 5,13, 14, and 17 at the Vibram at Maple Hill?
Not that you need clarification, but to spark your memory:
5 is the anny or forehand out to the left over the water.
13 is a great par 3! 400 feet downhill into the tight shoot. You parked it on Friday last year.
14 is the 285 Hyzer all over water.
17 is the 530 uphill anhyzer over the Christmas trees.

Thats not really a question. Safari holes are multiple holes put in one so natural long holes could still be tougher and longer.

sorry paul you should know im dumb by now lol. random question how many pros smoke cigarettes? seems like alot of disc golfers do including myself.

sorry paul you should know im dumb by now lol. random question how many pros smoke cigarettes? seems like alot of disc golfers do including myself.

I was thinkin bout asking the same type of question Haha Except I was gonna ask if he frowned upon smoking on the DG course. Another question though, would you consider doing a ITB video for the approaching 2013 season? I know the latest one on Youtube is your "In the bag and Mind..." with Rico.. but that was posted about 10 months ago. Curious if anything has changed since then.

Paul thanks a lot for taking your time to answer questions in this thread. I finally got through all of this thread and it's been amazing. You definitely have gained a new fan in me. Wish you all the best in 2013 and forward.

I know you mentioned you like rap. My question is, who's your top 5 all time? Top 5 right now?

Top 5 all time Tupac,Biggie,Nas,Drake and Snoop

They all still put out albums so ill say those my top 5 now too :p

Alright ill do now Drake, kendrick lamar, Wiz, Mac Miller and sam adams

Paul
I hope you reconsider the McBeth sig RC3.
It seems like a good disc to have your name on from several standpoints. But I can also understand that it was not part of your bag (or anyone's, for that matter) so it would be tough to blindly endorse/sign off on it.
Can you explain or clarify the RC3 Sig "issues" or clarify future PMB RC3 possibilities?

Also...thanks for responding on this thread. Good reading and info.

Good luck in 2013

The Roc3 is in my bag I really like it.... The issue was between innova and I not a issue about the disc. We have resolved it so dont be surprised to see a sig discs in the near future.

hey Paul, you mentioned a couple dozen pages back that you were heading to socal this week.. playing this weekend's tourney at your home course, hmmmm?

i have a couple ?s

Are you a bag hoarder..ive seen you carry a few different ones (no excuses/grip/lat64/etc)...which is your favorite and why?

also..i have a kcpro plastic bb PnA Aviar and a kcpro beadless PnA Aviar that says McP on the bottom..are one of these going to be your sig disc..whats the scoop on these?

No i was sponsored by No Excuses and then GripEQ never had a different bag other than those 2.

I was testing those out and they were multiple that said mcp on the scoop

Hey Paul,

I have a serious question. As a fairly new player who plays in SN land (never played a PDGA tournament), how would you compare the talent level, field to field, between the PDGA and Southern Nationals? Or do you have a reference point in order to compare the two?

Ive only played 1 SN event. I've haven't seen a SN player that I hadn't already seen in a PDGA event. I can't say the SN has better players I know they play on a lot different courses so they can probably spank some players on SN courses.

I know Ricky,Will,Myself,Nikko, Avery and Nate dont on the mens side I know some that do then a couple more that I'm unsure about. I Don't know any females that smoke besides KK and Melody king

Hey Paul. Thank you for taking the time to answer all of our questions.
What do you throw on hole 5,13, 14, and 17 at the Vibram at Maple Hill?
Not that you need clarification, but to spark your memory:
5 is the anny or forehand out to the left over the water.
13 is a great par 3! 400 feet downhill into the tight shoot. You parked it on Friday last year.
14 is the 285 Hyzer all over water.
17 is the 530 uphill anhyzer over the Christmas trees.

#5 is a beat DX Aviar
#13 I throw a new KC Pro Roc
#14 either a champion gator or glow firebird depending on the wind.
#17 a semi beat destroyer that will flip but still come out at the end

I was thinkin bout asking the same type of question Haha Except I was gonna ask if he frowned upon smoking on the DG course. Another question though, would you consider doing a ITB video for the approaching 2013 season? I know the latest one on Youtube is your "In the bag and Mind..." with Rico.. but that was posted about 10 months ago. Curious if anything has changed since then.

Yea I can do a new one for the 2013 season.:thmbup:

Yea I can do a new one for the 2013 season.:thmbup:

Nice, lookin forward to that... but last night I was watchin some tutorial videos, and the one where it's you, Feldberg, and two other guys doing a clinic somewhere.. their names escape me.. it was a DG Monthly video..anyway, Feldberg and the other guy were teaching driving form, and you and the other guy were teaching putting form.. right now since it's winter, snow all around, I'm working on my 50'-75' putts in a buddies indoor lumber warehouse.. so when I saw you were going to be covering putting I continued watching..just to see them cover your portion of the clinic for about 2 minutes. Was very disappointed in DG Monthly for that one.

Nice, lookin forward to that... but last night I was watchin some tutorial videos, and the one where it's you, Feldberg, and two other guys doing a clinic somewhere.. their names escape me.. it was a DG Monthly video..anyway, Feldberg and the other guy were teaching driving form, and you and the other guy were teaching putting form.. right now since it's winter, snow all around, I'm working on my 50'-75' putts in a buddies indoor lumber warehouse.. so when I saw you were going to be covering putting I continued watching..just to see them cover your portion of the clinic for about 2 minutes. Was very disappointed in DG Monthly for that one.

Yea feldberg was the only "somebody" at that clinic so they had the camera crew the whole time. I was just stoked people actually learned things and actually thanked me for helping them. It's really a great feeling:clap:

i don't know if this has been asked but do u drive or fly to big tournaments or do u have an rv like the jenkins? or just cruise for place to place in a car?

It has some unfair holes but that was 2 years ago.

Ah, I guess that's something I would not have noticed. I was still a rec level player last time I played there and I was hitting enough trees as it is. I would not have noticed if a hole was fair or unfair. I think hole 5 was the only weird one. I loved hole 14 just because of the land it covered, but I don't remember if there was much of a true fairway on that hole. Hole 9 I think is in my top 10 favorite par 5s when it's in that pin placement between the two drop-offs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.