• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Official 'Ask Paul McBeth' Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you stay on your toes until you pivot? Looks like Dave landed on the toe of his plant foot before pivoting on his heel.
You should aim to stay on the balls of your feet throughout the throw, but a proper pull will force you onto your heel as you pivot, even if only for a brief moment. And yes, most pro's go toe-heel-toe as they land-pivot-follow through.

If Paul pivots on the ball of his foot, it's obviously possible to do it his way and still be awesome.

Paul,
Is Brittany going to run sh*t in fpo this year?

Also, are you a good coach or do you just find it to be frustrating?

I'm left eye dominant, and miss to the right as well. I think it's more about my body position and swing plane, than my eyes.

You may be right, it could be BS. But, I dont think that its a situation where people are using one squinting eye (as a crude and obviously over simplified example) i think in the case of hitters, it helps them easier identify the rotation of the ball and determine what sort of pitch it will be, since one eye or the other is supposedly dominant. In a short glance over at google, this seems to be widely considered legit both in baseball coaching and in eye related medical fields.

I did read, a small % of people dont have a dominant eye, maybe thats you :) although i read several times the figure of 2/3 of the population is right eye dominant. Also your handedness, has no bearing on which eye is dominant. Like i said it likely can be a non issue for most, especially if you arent having any problems previously with your eyesight. It may not help you at all. But some people seem to think that it helps them, so idk. Im sure feldy-science can have a way of sounding ridiculous tho.

yea i've never looked into it or heard of it so i just thought it was far fetched

Do you have a harder time with slippery/natural tee pads? If so what do you do to compensate?
I've always toe pivoted as well. I tried to change to the heel pivot but its hard to change now. glad to hear that not all great players heel pivot. :)

yes i HATE them, to many chances to get injured. i really slow down my run up to almost a walk.

Sorry if this has already been asked but I am curious which courses do you play when you are home in Florida? Do you mix it up? Where do you do field work if you do? Also, have you ever tried the practice putting area around basket 4 at Hammock Park in Dunedin? Thanks for taking the time to answer questions on this forum!

i play cliff stephens park, field work is done just past the long basket of #1
i have a basket at our place in FL so thats where i putt

Paul---

Obviously Millenium and Innova don't have the same realtionship that Discmania and Innova have, but I'm wondering if, because there IS a connection, however tenuous, if you are allowed the throw Millenium in competition? I've never seen an Innova pro do so, so I can assume the answer is "no" but perhaps it's as simple as none of you really care for their discs.

If you could throw Millenium, what discs would you throw, if any?

Also (sorry for the double question) if you could bring back one extinct Innova mold, what would it be? My vote is for the Pegasus.
Millenium is part of Innova so yes i can throw them. I know Steve Brinster throws some Millenium, I myself have never been a fan of millienum but i have never really given them a chance.

So you're saying that a majority of pro DG'ers pivot on their heel? That doesn't even seem natural. I remember Dave and The Champ commenting in their Fundamentals video about staying on the balls of your feet. Seems natural to me. Heel pivot seems like you're asking for trouble.

most pros do a heel pivot

Paul you rotate on your heel...or at least you used to!

its actually the outside of my foot. it you look close my whole left side of my foot lifts. the reason is those weren't proper golf shoes they were regular skate shoes so if i landed and rotated on my toe i would have slid across the grass. i had to dig my shoe into the ground almost like a snowboard stopping. does that make sense?

its actually the outside of my foot. it you look close my whole left side of my foot lifts. the reason is those weren't proper golf shoes they were regular skate shoes so if i landed and rotated on my toe i would have slid across the grass. i had to dig my shoe into the ground almost like a snowboard stopping. does that make sense?
Yes, it does make sense. This video shows what you're talking about, 45 seconds in. Your heel never quite hits the ground. Interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.