• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Official 'Ask Paul McBeth' Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! Its amazing how what "looks so smooth and effortless" normally, appears to be much "more of an effort" when you see it in slow mo. What really struck me (and comes across well in slow mo) is the velocity the disc has coming outta your hand. You're just getting into your follow through (i.e. not much time has elapsed), and the disc is 200 ft down the fairway. :mindblownsmiley:

Splendid video and a great way to watch the mechanics of the throw.

Thanks for sharing McBeast and your Royalhghnss. :thmbup:

No Prob! I had some McBeast footage laying around, so it wasn't too hard to put together. :)

^It would be sooooooo funny if Paul Prerubed him! Gotta be a troll.

Last edited:
Hey Paul,

It's pretty awesome of you to correspond with all of us in this thread. Really is a lot of fun chatting with a pro who is willing to offer his insights into a lot of different facets of his game and the sport in general.

I've read quite a lot of the pages, but may have missed this if it was asked previously, so forgive me.

Just wondering what you thought of the Minnesota Majestic and the courses that you got to play up here? Blue Ribbon Pines, Kaposia, Valley, and Hyland SSA? And will you be back next year?

I got a chance to watch you on the final day at Hyland and it was a lot of fun. Even with that knee injury you were pretty much right on the money, made some of those long uphill bombs seem like a bunny hill.

i looked through a bunch of this chat and i had a question about putters you use! (kinda a 3 part question)

1. What kinds and how many putters do you use in your bag?
2. Do you use a different putter for driving and putting or the same disc?
3. Do you use a different putter when aproaching and putting or the same disc?

thanks! just a curious disc golfer

Well, he said the reason he threw colored KC Aviar's, is cuz they're grippier/less slick. And the McPro's are all colored (first releases). And, he said his dream putter was an Aviar PnA in KC plastic. But, I didn't make the mold, so who knows. I'm going off earlier postings by him.

How does one prepare to play on heavily wood courses if all the courses around them are pretty open.. should I jus find somewhere with a decent amount of trees and put my portable somewhere in them? Lol

this has probably been asked, but for farther putts with some wind (50ft or so), do you tend to pick the aviar p&a or the kc pro aviar? (before you had your mcpro aviars)
and why?

Hey Paul,

It's pretty awesome of you to correspond with all of us in this thread. Really is a lot of fun chatting with a pro who is willing to offer his insights into a lot of different facets of his game and the sport in general.

I've read quite a lot of the pages, but may have missed this if it was asked previously, so forgive me.

Just wondering what you thought of the Minnesota Majestic and the courses that you got to play up here? Blue Ribbon Pines, Kaposia, Valley, and Hyland SSA? And will you be back next year?

I got a chance to watch you on the final day at Hyland and it was a lot of fun. Even with that knee injury you were pretty much right on the money, made some of those long uphill bombs seem like a bunny hill.

i enjoy all the MN majestic courses and the event is awesome but this year i won't be there i have another event that weekend.

i looked through a bunch of this chat and i had a question about putters you use! (kinda a 3 part question)

1. What kinds and how many putters do you use in your bag?
2. Do you use a different putter for driving and putting or the same disc?
3. Do you use a different putter when aproaching and putting or the same disc?

thanks! just a curious disc golfer

1) McPro Aviars, DX aviar and S-P2
2)yes different. S-P2 and dx aviar for driving McPro for putting
3) different either P2 or DX for approaches

Well, he said the reason he threw colored KC Aviar's, is cuz they're grippier/less slick. And the McPro's are all colored (first releases). And, he said his dream putter was an Aviar PnA in KC plastic. But, I didn't make the mold, so who knows. I'm going off earlier postings by him.

they say they are a slight bit different

How does one prepare to play on heavily wood courses if all the courses around them are pretty open.. should I jus find somewhere with a decent amount of trees and put my portable somewhere in them? Lol

Ed Bowen- Next time you're practicing on the range, play a course in your mind. Intentionally shaping shots to fit the holes in your mind!

this has probably been asked, but for farther putts with some wind (50ft or so), do you tend to pick the aviar p&a or the kc pro aviar? (before you had your mcpro aviars)
and why?

stable to over stable KC understable shots DX... stability is the reason why

Status
Not open for further replies.