• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Official 'Ask Paul McBeth' Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
he does what my girlfriend used to do... i brings his hand down to his right thigh.... ive always believe thats a uncomfortable no-no but that all i can tell from that angle

That's how I reach back on my putts as well. I notice once in a great while (usually on steep inclines) that my thigh gets in the way, but other than that I find it really comfortable. I just switch to a straddle on sloped surfaces since it gives me a more solid footing anyway.

I tried going from more in the middle but I ended up having a really hard time aiming my putt and shifting weight. My body is so used to pushing the putter from the right thigh/knee that when I start the putt from any other area I somehow try to compensate for it subconsciously and release off target.

In terms of stiffness and grip, how different is the McPro plastic from the current run of KC Aviar plastic?

I've noticed KC plastic that is not white, is grippier. The white seems a little more slick than say orange, purple, or red. Just my opinion though. Not sure if this translates to the McPro's as well.

That's how I reach back on my putts as well. I notice once in a great while (usually on steep inclines) that my thigh gets in the way, but other than that I find it really comfortable. I just switch to a straddle on sloped surfaces since it gives me a more solid footing anyway.

I tried going from more in the middle but I ended up having a really hard time aiming my putt and shifting weight. My body is so used to pushing the putter from the right thigh/knee that when I start the putt from any other area I somehow try to compensate for it subconsciously and release off target.

yes exactly and that was my GF exact problem. it took her about 3 weeks to fully switch over and i don't think she would complain one bit about the switch. could just be her though

That is pretty ridiculous. When he throws in real time it looks so effortless but when in slow mo it seems like every fiber of muscle is used to throw. Mr McBeth you sir are a freak of nature. :hfive:

haha i have to make up for that 5'8" frame

I've noticed KC plastic that is not white, is grippier. The white seems a little more slick than say orange, purple, or red. Just my opinion though. Not sure if this translates to the McPro's as well.

main reason for the colors in McPros and why i only used colored KCs

i'm always working on my form so maybe you can mimick but fix the flaws before i do

Haha We'll see about that. If I do perfect it, I'll see you at worlds next year. On the final card. Haha.

What's your favorite plastic type for your Teebirds? I'm an Eagle guy and I'm in love with 10x plastic because of the tacky and semi-soft grip.

Here are some more McBeth Slow motions shots for reference.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pgoH3B6X-o
That is pretty ridiculous. When he throws in real time it looks so effortless but when in slow mo it seems like every fiber of muscle is used to throw. Mr McBeth you sir are a freak of nature. :hfive:
Wow! Its amazing how what "looks so smooth and effortless" normally, appears to be much "more of an effort" when you see it in slow mo. What really struck me (and comes across well in slow mo) is the velocity the disc has coming outta your hand. You're just getting into your follow through (i.e. not much time has elapsed), and the disc is 200 ft down the fairway. :mindblownsmiley:

Splendid video and a great way to watch the mechanics of the throw.

Thanks for sharing McBeast and your Royalhghnss. :thmbup:

Last edited:
Haha We'll see about that. If I do perfect it, I'll see you at worlds next year. On the final card. Haha.

What's your favorite plastic type for your Teebirds? I'm an Eagle guy and I'm in love with 10x plastic because of the tacky and semi-soft grip.

i enjoy 11x champion plastic but when i run out i will have no problem throwing the 12x.... i have a Minty 10x eagle in FL that i bet you would love

Wow! Its amazing how what "looks so smooth and effortless" normally, appears to be much "more of an effort" when you see it in slow mo. What really struck me (and comes across well in slow mo) is the velocity the disc has coming outta your hand. You're just getting into your follow through (i.e. not much time has elapsed), and the disc is 200 ft down the fairway. :mindblownsmiley:

Splendid video and a great way to watch the mechanics of the throw.

Thanks for sharing McBeast and your Royalhghnss. :thmbup:

:hfive:

i enjoy 11x champion plastic but when i run out i will have no problem throwing the 12x.... i have a Minty 10x eagle in FL that i bet you would love

Is it like this one?

attachmentphp.jpg

It's my favorite one. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.