• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Official PF Contender thread (reviews, thoughts, etc.)

What size bag do you want to see from PF? Price points as well

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
what are the fixes ? my discs have been floppin all over. I carry like 12-14 discs usually, so i have a lot of room

Made a few adjustments so discs will stand up straighter and easier when not completely full. I will let everyone know how they work after this weekends tournament. They are simple easy fixes
Yes, please share when you know the results, MJ!

Well after 2 full rounds today, I can safely say, I WOULDN'T WANT TO HAVE ANY OTHER BAG IN THE WORLD RIGHT NOW! This thing is perfect for my needs, holds all my discs, perfect amount of storage and durable as well, can't wait to test during a rainy day...if there ever is one, but I have no doubt this bag will handle the toughest courses, the rockiest trails, or the craziest adventures...very interested to see how it fairs as just a backpack.

Here's what I did with mine guys. I took an innova U-channel and inserted it long ways towards the back of the bag and set up the dividers as max drivers, mids, and fairways (I put the mids in the middle cause their much easier to get in and out there). Then I took the two umbrella/stool straps and then extended them over the U-channel to where the Velcro on the straps connects with the Velcro on the U-channel. This keeps the U-channel from rolling forwards making it harder to get the discs out plus it keeps those straps from dragging. Hope this helps guys cause I love my setup and it works perfectly. Not to mention I absolutely love the bag and am very happy with my purchase. I actually carry more discs in this bag than I did in my mahal and its a good bit lighter and very comfortable. I still love my mahal but I gotta say I'm loving this bag more. A job well done by Chris and physical flight! Keep up the good work guys!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 58
Not sure why it only posted one of the pics and why it uploads it sideways (maybe cause their off my iPhone) but here's a couple more I took.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 48
Today was my big test of this bag as I played 3 rounds in a row with it (~6 hours total) and my goodness was it good! I don't know where to start or elaborate on what others have been saying other than not once did my back hurt or I feel like I had a lack of storage (in terms of disc or generic storage.) The speaker I had was able to sit upright throughout most of the rounds in the top compartment and even with the top compartment about 80% closed it still put out good sound while ensuring my things were secure in there due to the phone pocket and key "hook." I had 22 discs in the main compartment to begin with but ended up with two putters in the top flap which left 21 discs in the main compartment and plenty of wiggle room to grab discs and put them back in with ease which made these rounds a breeze to go through. I still need to attach my stool to the side to get the full effect of what a tournament round would be like but so far this bag is top-notch and I am very pleased with my purchase!

Well, I finally got mine today! Very nice! Took it out for a round and already got lots of good feedback on the looks. Tons of room for plastic! I took all of my discs out of my FADE tourney and grabbed a few more out of storage and I still have room. I wasted no time in fitting the disc cradle thing out of my fade into the bag. After 27 holes of no issues, I have to say the cradle with dividers was a great idea (by me! I'm taking the credit on this one). In fact, as a follow up idea, it would be pretty neat to stick a long piece of velcro on the flap of the bag, so when you tuck it under the cradle, the cradle could velcro securely in place...just a thought.

Anyway, I'm a big guy (6'4", 250) and I did find the sternum strap was all up on my neck, but I'm not big on using them anyway. The mini pocket fiasco is a non issue for me since I keep the mini in my pocket during the round. In fact, the only gripe I have is that my zipper pulls seem to have fallen out of the box. I opened the box and took out my bag only to find 1 lone pull underneath. The bottom of the box only had one strip of tape holding it, so it looks like the rest fell out through the gaps. Kind of a bummer. I'll live.

I'm pretty stoked on this bag so far. I'll be up on a hilly course tomorrow, so we'll see how it fares up there. At first glance though, I'd say this is a big winner.

Well, I finally got mine today! Very nice! Took it out for a round and already got lots of good feedback on the looks. Tons of room for plastic! I took all of my discs out of my FADE tourney and grabbed a few more out of storage and I still have room. I wasted no time in fitting the disc cradle thing out of my fade into the bag. After 27 holes of no issues, I have to say the cradle with dividers was a great idea (by me! I'm taking the credit on this one). In fact, as a follow up idea, it would be pretty neat to stick a long piece of velcro on the flap of the bag, so when you tuck it under the cradle, the cradle could velcro securely in place...just a thought.

Anyway, I'm a big guy (6'4", 250) and I did find the sternum strap was all up on my neck, but I'm not big on using them anyway. The mini pocket fiasco is a non issue for me since I keep the mini in my pocket during the round. In fact, the only gripe I have is that my zipper pulls seem to have fallen out of the box. I opened the box and took out my bag only to find 1 lone pull underneath. The bottom of the box only had one strip of tape holding it, so it looks like the rest fell out through the gaps. Kind of a bummer. I'll live.

I'm pretty stoked on this bag so far. I'll be up on a hilly course tomorrow, so we'll see how it fares up there. At first glance though, I'd say this is a big winner.

If you need zipper pulls, email chris, he will take care of you

Small update. I added the u shaped frame from my fade crunch bag and it secures the discs. Easy fix and warranty still intact

Small update. I added the u shaped frame from my fade crunch bag and it secures the discs. Easy fix and warranty still intact

Right? I was all worried about what I might do, and it turns out to be a non issue. Here's a couple quick pics for you guys.

8650253192_a7fd4d8575_c.jpg

8649148559_f3c7ee3369_c.jpg

Those were taken at the Redwood Curtain in Arcata, CA...my "home" course.

New bag came with good vibes, hit my first ace ever and it was on a moderately hard hole. It was featured on this site once before lol.

Just played my first holes today. Got out late so I only got to play 11 but ended -7. The bag felt great and with all the discs I used to carry in my innova bag plus some extras it somehow feels lighter. Awesome bag! I'm going to put up some pics of it in a little bit.

Right? I was all worried about what I might do, and it turns out to be a non issue. Here's a couple quick pics for you guys.

8650253192_a7fd4d8575_c.jpg

8649148559_f3c7ee3369_c.jpg

Those were taken at the Redwood Curtain in Arcata, CA...my "home" course.

Impressive surroundings! I'm from Michigan and we have big trees, not that big!

Review later this week...

Just rolled in the from the Glass Blown Open... holy cow Kansas is windy!!!

I'll do my review later this week, but couldn't resist catching up on this thread after being out of the loop for a few days.

The whole divider things blows my mind. I wouldn't purchase this bag or any of the others of this style if I wasn't going to fill it up. I don't care if I'm playing a quick nine at lunch (I do every day I can) or 3 full rounds... I ALWAYS CARRY A FULL BAG. Seems like a lot of trouble to me to always be swapping things out. I'm not saying I don't have a trunk full of discs in 4 bags now and many loose ones... and I liberally swap them out, but only to fill the bag I choose to use.

So color me weird... but I'd never put just 16 lids in this beauty. There are other bags that fit that bill. Just my $0.02.

Status
Not open for further replies.