• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Official Prodigy Website Security Thread

threw my D1 today, and it really did hold every line I threw it on. it was so awesome. thrown on a hyzer, an it flies like a force. thrown flat, it flies arrow straight like a nuke, except it doesn't turn over like a nuke if given a lot of snap. so nice. I threw a new sunburst dyed 168 campion destroyer for comparison one after another over and over on the same hole.. to my eyes, they flew the same flight path, but the prodigy D1 went about 30-50' farther every time.

Last edited:
Chuck, you stated, "In one case it's OB and the other way it's not."

We play if its too close to tell. Give it to the guy. So yeah. They do. Chuck.

IF something is both inbound and out, by some odd set of circumstances, of course you would give the more favorable ruling to the player. Why would anyone say otherwise? Any correct interpretation that says "in" to any degree is IN.

When I have a minute (which has been rare since New Years) I try to keep up with the rants and raves on DGCR. I don't know who exactly took the photos that some think are sinister and doctored but I am sure it was one of the team members. I assure you that there is not anything we are doing as a company to photoshop disc photos and I seriously doubt these were toyed with. We haven't put any more official shots out for any discs. Some team members have put up some of their own discs and I have put some photos of different protos and concepts on the Prodigy Disc Collectors facebook page. I don't know what the deal was with the changes in tint or any "staged" shots, but I do know there were a few test discs made in the original grey/silver marbled looking plastic shown. That disc exist as do a few others like it in sky blue.

I have one other thing I would like to comment on. Someone came up with an old Prodigy logo with a star and accused us of ripping it off. I personally named the company and I did it with a lot of thought based on what inspires me and it does have some meaning and significance to me. In the process of creating the logo I never saw the logo that was pointed out. Hey! I agree it is interesting and the star is close but it is purely a coincidence. Some of you may have seen the my first concept logo that had a more edgy look. It was inspired by something I found on the internet in a search for graphics image. We had a well known disc golfer who is also an artist take the look and put a star around it. I liked it but as a group we decided to "clean" it up until it evolved into the one we are using. As with anything some like it and others think it is lame.

Lavone

Ah yes, damage control. :hfive:

Catrina Allen (Ulibarri, whatever) took top Womens at the Warm-Up and Prodigy took the top FIVE Mens places. Nikko took top honors.

Not too shabby.

With 98% percent of their bags being innova and Discraft..

I was commenting on the team. Not what they were throwing. No need to demean the accomplishment. Discs are just plastic. The players are the talent. Any top touring pro could throw anything if you give them a few weeks to dial them in. That's why they are top talent and people like us have to worry about what brands we're throwing.

I was commenting on the team. Not what they were throwing. No need to demean the accomplishment. Discs are just plastic. The players are the talent. Any top touring pro could throw anything if you give them a few weeks to dial them in. That's why they are top talent and people like us have to worry about what brands we're throwing.

:clap:

Any top touring pro could throw anything and beat the rest of us if you give them a few weeks to dial them in. But although Nikko Locastro might be able to putt better with an Aviar than anyone rated under 1000 can with any disc, but that doesn't mean he isn't a little better with a Wizard, and that little difference may mean the difference between winning and just placing in a major tournament.

So while it makes sense to withhold judgment of Team Prodigy until more of their molds are released, who sponsors them really is relevant to their games.

I haven't changed my bag in forever but this weekend I took my D1 and D4 2 Roc3s and my putter and shot one of my best rounds in a while. Both Prodigy discs are versatile for backhand and forehand . The ROCS are great. I can see what the hype is on both. Very impressed. My putting still sux tho.

How did I demean their accomplishments?
Is it demeaning to throw innova and Discraft?

How did I demean their accomplishments?
Is it demeaning to throw innova and Discraft?

Because syntactically you used a set of ellipses, which indicates an unfished thought. You strongly inferred that unfinished thought was something to the effect of, "so it's not like Prodigy did much of anything." You brought the focus to the plastic intentionally, indicating their actual performance didn't factor into your comment. You could have said, "Great job!" "Good throwing!" or any number of player-based compliments; but you didn't. You took a comment rooted solely in complimenting "Team Prodigy" and turned it to specifically the two biggest competitors' product. You inferred thay they would not have done as well if 98% of their bags were not Innova or Discraft. That's known as the "Irrelevant Conclusion" fallacy, or Ignoratio Elenchi. Or in other words, presenting an argument who's premise may be valid, but does not actually address the original concept to tries and promote a sense of validity with it. So yes, you demeaned their accomplishments. Whether it was by design, omission, or poorly planned content of your message is something I would not wager to know.

I'm bored.

Because syntactically you used a set of ellipses, which indicates an unfished thought. You strongly inferred that unfinished thought was something to the effect of, "so it's not like Prodigy did much of anything." You brought the focus to the plastic intentionally, indicating their actual performance didn't factor into your comment. You could have said, "Great job!" "Good throwing!" or any number of player-based compliments; but you didn't. You took a comment rooted solely in complimenting "Team Prodigy" and turned it to specifically the two biggest competitors' product. You inferred thay they would not have done as well if 98% of their bags were not Innova or Discraft. That's known as the "Irrelevant Conclusion" fallacy, or Ignoratio Elenchi. Or in other words, presenting an argument who's premise may be valid, but does not actually address the original concept to tries and promote a sense of validity with it. So yes, you demeaned their accomplishments. Whether it was by design, omission, or poorly planned content of your message is something I would not wager to know.

I'm bored.
Teacher? English student? lol

Six of the top seven rated players at that event are sponsored by Prodigy with the 7th apparently missing his opportunity to join them. If anything, not taking 6 of the top 7 spots in the event would have been a negative not a particularly unusual accomplishment.

Six of the top seven rated players at that event are sponsored by Prodigy with the 7th apparently missing his opportunity to join them. If anything, not taking 6 of the top 7 spots in the event would have been a negative not a particularly unusual accomplishment.

Is that because the top rated players "always" win? As a man of stats I'm sure u can back upthis statement.

I'm bored.

regardless of how good they are, changing their bag to a bunch of discs they arent use to would definitely have altered the scores. so your big word paragraph didn't really prove anything. innova and discraft. team prodigy won with discraft and innova discs.

All I gotta say about this latest developement...

Catrina Ulibarri - 2013 World Champion.