• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Official Prodigy Website Security Thread

are we talking quartes that have been in circulation for 30 years or brand new ones minted yesterday? :)

are we talking quartes that have been in circulation for 30 years or brand new ones minted yesterday? :)

Good point. Coins probably do lose weight with age just like discs. I say screw weight limits. I want 200g Super Puppies back!

You can find 100g calibration weights online for less than $10. Buy it with your roll of quarters no matter how old they are.

IF anyone believes that a gram or 2 of weight is gonna give someone a noticable competitive advantage, I have a million dollar winning lottery ticket to sell you.

IF anyone believes that a gram or 2 of weight is gonna give someone a noticable competitive advantage, I have a million dollar winning lottery ticket to sell you.
It's simply about following the rules even if it's an arbitrary line that's drawn. Your disc can land 2mm either way. In one case it's OB and the other way it's not. Does the group say, "Close enough, we'll give you the inbounds call?"

a $1 bill weighs 1g a nickel (5¢) weighs 5g (assuming both are newly minted/fresh).

you could get a stack of $1 bills to calibrate with. that could work, but why?

Last edited:
Just held a D4 and a D1. The D4 was the dayglo yellow and felt very flexy and tacky.

The D1 was slicker champ style and had gnarly flashing. Like cut your finger off sharp.

It's simply about following the rules even if it's an arbitrary line that's drawn. Your disc can land 2mm either way. In one case it's OB and the other way it's not. Does the group say, "Close enough, we'll give you the inbounds call?"

We play if its too close to tell. Give it to the guy. So yeah. They do. Chuck.

"2mm either way" is a 4mm difference which is more than 1/8". Even the geezers in my division can still see that. The point is that rules for any game or sport are "lines in the sand" that players agree to follow. Most are truly arbitrary. But that's what establishes the specifics of the game so it can be played universally the same way.

Last edited:
"2mm either way" is a 4mm difference which is more than 1/8". Even the geezers in my division can still see that. The point is that rules for any game or sport are "lines in the sand" that players agree to follow. Most are truly arbitrary. But that's what establishes the specifics of the game so it can be played universally the same way.

I agree with Chuck on this 100%. If you don't like a rule, that doesn't make it okay to not enforce it. A better use of your energy would be to lobby for the rule to be changed. Otherwise, the person who isn't playing by the rules isn't playing the same game as everyone else.