• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Official Prodigy Website Security Thread

Yeah, I seem to be losing what interest I had in Prodigy.

I have yet to see anything game changing, ground breaking, or prodical!

Maybe they will step up their own game and then step up the disc golf game?

Im interested in buying everyone i can and selling them on the MP here.

is there really a need for protos and FRs with these???

they are consistent
and a better product than others make

right?

so it matters not what run you get it from

right?

is there really a need for protos and FRs with these???

they are consistent
and a better product than others make

right?

so it matters not what run you get it from

right?

pro·to·type
noun \ˈprō-tə-ˌtīp\
Definition of PROTOTYPE
: an original model on which something is patterned

How can you create anything of value without a prototype in which to conduct testing?

All I am saying is, they have the disc golf world's attention right now. Why not take that opportunity to do something new (instead of fancy marketing)?

Edit: C'mon, Hammer. You know we are all the best armchair critics here on DGCR. :D

more like all of DGCR's forum participants attention. I'd be willing to bet only 5% of the disc golf world knows about the Prodigy plan.

pro·to·type
noun \ˈprō-tə-ˌtīp\
Definition of PROTOTYPE
: an original model on which something is patterned

How can you create anything of value without a prototype in which to conduct testing?

I think you misunderstood my point

these "protos" are production discs

fair point

but the "proto" reference is Innovaspeak "protostar" IMO

but your quote of what a prototype is sums it up

it's an original model

production is not the original model it is what is based on the original model

fair point

it's an original model

You are correct. My reference to proto just meant "first run" when is stated these are "protos."

fair point

it's an original model

I'm don't know one way or the other, but it could be a prototype run, to be sure they can produce a large batch that is consistent and meets specs.

If we're talking game changing, it will be interesting to see where we are a year from now and tallying the major tournament wins that are by Prodigy as opposed to Innova, Discraft, or DD. That's not some form of trash talking; I'm honestly curious as to how it will turn out.

If they become the dominant force on tour in their first year, I consider that game changing. It would also force the others to re-examine how to regain a foothold on tour. If 2013 finds the NT points champion, world champion, usdgc champion, and womens champion all on the Prodigy side of things, business and opportunities will pick up even faster.

I don't expect that by March, Prodigy will have changed the face of disc golf. But in two or three years it should be interesting to see where we stand.

If we're talking game changing, it will be interesting to see where we are a year from now and tallying the major tournament wins that are by Prodigy as opposed to Innova, Discraft, or DD. That's not some form of trash talking; I'm honestly curious as to how it will turn out.

If they become the dominant force on tour in their first year, I consider that game changing. It would also force the others to re-examine how to regain a foothold on tour. If 2013 finds the NT points champion, world champion, usdgc champion, and womens champion all on the Prodigy side of things, business and opportunities will pick up even faster.

I don't expect that by March, Prodigy will have changed the face of disc golf. But in two or three years it should be interesting to see where we stand.

I'll be waiting until the 2014 season when they're throwing a full Prodigy bag. If they're winning any events for the first 4 months of the year, it will be with the competitors equipment. I am honestly interested in how it will play out as well.

That's assuming all the personalities on that team hold together for three years. A lot of talent/ego in one spot can be dangerous. (Note for Prodigy fans: Ego here refers to the general idea that top performers tend to have more of it than others...I am not making any accusations of Prodigy team members who specifically have large egos.)

my sentiments exactly.

most people seem to want some kind of instant gratification instead of just sitting back and watching things unfold organically. it's not a sprint but a marathon!!

That's assuming all the personalities on that team hold together for three years. A lot of talent/ego in one spot can be dangerous. (Note for Prodigy fans: Ego here refers to the general idea that top performers tend to have more of it than others...I am not making any accusations of Prodigy team members who specifically have large egos.)

True story, of course, this seems to be a different beast than we're used to. With all these players having a supposed "vested" interest in Prodigy, will it be easy for them to jump ship and bail just because they don't like a teammate? Or has Prodigy skillfully weaved them in deep enough that you'd have a better chance of leaving the Mob in 1940s New York City?

Time will tell.

MuderMike, that's nuts.

It's like when someone pointed out that the MVP logo looked like the Alien vs. Predator logo. It's very similar...just further proves there's nothing new under the sun.