• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Official Prodigy Website Security Thread

in stock or available for preorder?

In stock. They are close enough to the Georgia factory that they had them in hand. All the D1s were blue, all the D4s yellow (or maybe the other way around). D4s were all max weight, the D1s were 172 or 174.

Got two D1's and two D4's from Disc Stalker. They are sold out as of 2:00pmEST-ish

Ducked out of class to order, because I have my priorities ;)

so there's a haphazard release of discs going on?

if you aren't a local you aren't getting one

really changing the game here

I think really it's just that GA retailers are closer to the factory (somewhere in GA) and ended up getting them first.

other companies set release dates and have the discs at all retailers at that time so that they can be available to all at the same time

It's a shame that, so far, Prodigy appears to be operating on a pretty amateurish level (at least from a PR perspective). I would have to imagine some of the team members would be a little concerned at this point. Multiple tech. problems (lack of website, unintentionally having parts of the website accessible, botched live video feed) just don't look good.

I'm rooting for the company, though -- it'd be cool if they could make the sport more viable for the top players to make a reasonable living.

Their product and business model and execution will have to be pretty dang good from this point forward.

My thoughts as well. I more enjoy the hard release dates MVP has set with their distribution. Prodigy's system just seems like more of the old guard way.

Yeah, I seem to be losing what interest I had in Prodigy.

I have yet to see anything game changing, ground breaking, or prodical!

Maybe they will step up their own game and then step up the disc golf game?

Maaaan, now everyone's gonna be sayin "I like that Will Sheustrick(sp?) chap, he's pretty good, but he throws those discs from that company who shipped their first shipment of discs to the local retailers first. Ain't that a shame."

Never underestimate the abilities of an arm chair critic. They have never launched a disc company themselves, but they are really good at pointing out what Prodigy is doing wrong.

Maaaan, now everyone's gonna be sayin "I like that Will Sheustrick(sp?) chap, he's pretty good, but he throws those discs from that company who shipped their first shipment of discs to the local retailers first. Ain't that a shame."

All I am saying is, they have the disc golf world's attention right now. Why not take that opportunity to do something new (instead of fancy marketing)?

Edit: C'mon, Hammer. You know we are all the best armchair critics here on DGCR. :D

It's a shame that, so far, Prodigy appears to be operating on a pretty amateurish level (at least from a PR perspective). I would have to imagine some of the team members would be a little concerned at this point. Multiple tech. problems (lack of website, unintentionally having parts of the website accessible, botched live video feed) just don't look good.

I'm rooting for the company, though -- it'd be cool if they could make the sport more viable for the top players to make a reasonable living.

Their product and business model and execution will have to be pretty dang good from this point forward.

Imagine that, a new company that has a few bumps in the road, and not everything went as planned. Let's list every company that has launched without any problems what-so-ever, shall we? I'll start.............and I'm done.

and the gouging has begun

as there is what I assume to be a "regular" proto in the MP for $65

instant $45 mark up