• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] The Reptilian Disc Golf Thread

One of these days I will ace #2 at Etowah one of these day with it. It's a dead straight shot through a tight tunnel, but there is a FH flex line. The Stego has been by the pin every time.

I see you have some of the "new stuff" listed....

What are the plastics similar too?

Boa is in a firm yet slightly gummy blend. Death Adder is comparable to our Armor blend, just slightly more firm. Reptilian Overlord since it's an overmold the disc has a firm rim but a gummy and fairly flexible flight plate. Sloth feels like a slightly more firm Fossil Flex.

How did the colored Fossil discs come out compared to the regular ones? Same feel and firmness?

Snagged me two max weight orange Fossil Wizards, and I'm pumped! Ordered a couple of Fossil Gila's too, cause I've been dreaming of a beat up Gila..

Someone sell me on the Sloth...what, if anything, does it offer over the Scale?

When Dave presented us with the opportunity to acquire this mold I was ecstatic. It somehow fits beautifully into our crowded OS PnA arsenal.

The Slot has the most functional thumb contour of any disc on the market. They feel perfect in both a FH and BH grip. I'm already throwing these on every forehand upshot within 100 ft

Obviously I'm an OS disc fan so the Sloth fits nicely in between my Stego and Scales as a slightly faster, "meaner" disc. Although the Stego is truly a beefier disc, the Sloth seems to have a harder LSS just because it actually flies a bit before it crashes down.

In short: for a Scale fanatic, you don't "need a Sloth"... But if you like torqued FH up shots, total negligence of OAT and an unreal hand feel, check out the Sloth.

How did the colored Fossil discs come out compared to the regular ones? Same feel and firmness?

Snagged me two max weight orange Fossil Wizards, and I'm pumped! Ordered a couple of Fossil Gila's too, cause I've been dreaming of a beat up Gila..

Yup same exact feel and firmness as regular Fossil plastic.

Thanks for your order, we're shipping out everything on Monday!

When Dave presented us with the opportunity to acquire this mold I was ecstatic. It somehow fits beautifully into our crowded OS PnA arsenal.

The Slot has the most functional thumb contour of any disc on the market. They feel perfect in both a FH and BH grip. I'm already throwing these on every forehand upshot within 100 ft

Obviously I'm an OS disc fan so the Sloth fits nicely in between my Stego and Scales as a slightly faster, "meaner" disc. Although the Stego is truly a beefier disc, the Sloth seems to have a harder LSS just because it actually flies a bit before it crashes down.

In short: for a Scale fanatic, you don't "need a Sloth"... But if you like torqued FH up shots, total negligence of OAT and an unreal hand feel, check out the Sloth.

Good hype...but I'll pass. Thats not a knock on you or Gateway but I already bag a Stego and 3 Scales, so I cant imagine ever needing a Sloth. I forehand Scales all the time, even my worn-in first run, so I dont see an advantage to the Sloth.

I might send my buddy Steve Sloth way though...sounds like it fits an aggressive playing style pretty well

When you say "acquire", does this mean Gateway won't be making Devil Hawks anymore or is this a tweeked version that will be sold by Reptilian like the way a PD is based off a Firebird? Also curious if this is the case with the Diablo or Overmold Assassin based discs your selling, I carry all these molds in my bag, and they are some of the best discs Gateway has come out with in years.

When you say "acquire", does this mean Gateway won't be making Devil Hawks anymore or is this a tweeked version that will be sold by Reptilian like the way a PD is based off a Firebird? Also curious if this is the case with the Diablo or Overmold Assassin based discs your selling, I carry all these molds in my bag, and they are some of the best discs Gateway has come out with in years.

Our current plan is for us to have sole rights to future production of these molds.

Gateway is going to trim down some of their lineup and we made a push to garner the molding rights on some of the discs we feel don't get nearly enough attention.

Our current plan is for us to have sole rights to future production of these molds.

Gateway is going to trim down some of their lineup and we made a push to garner the molding rights on some of the discs we feel don't get nearly enough attention.

Hope these have some lower weight availability, can't crush them drivers like you do in those videos, while the Devil Hawk makes sense to run over 170, hope Diablos and OG Assassins are run down in the 160's (would have liked to try a Tyrant as an OH disc if they were down in the mid to low 160's but my shoulder just doesn't work with 170 plus drivers ), was rocking an all Gateway bag, but this is a real curveball.

Is there any chance that you will use the same thumb contour on a disc that is straight/stable, like a 3,3,0,1? If you do and it has "unreal hand feel" and you release it in Pink Amber I would buy one. :popcorn:

How much of risk is that to want to take a mold that's already not poplular and thinking it will selll? You think it's a marketing issue primarily? Maybe a new stamp and some hype will get the ball rolling again?

Btw. How much of gateways production relies on the wizard, north of 80%?

Hope these have some lower weight availability, can't crush them drivers like you do in those videos, while the Devil Hawk makes sense to run over 170, hope Diablos and OG Assassins are run down in the 160's (would have liked to try a Tyrant as an OH disc if they were down in the mid to low 160's but my shoulder just doesn't work with 170 plus drivers ), was rocking an all Gateway bag, but this is a real curveball.

Assassin will remain a Gateway Disc.
We are piloting the Overmold Assassin. So no worries there.
The Assassin is Gateways best selling non putter so there is no chance we can snag that lol. (I wish)

As for the weights, we still have plenty of these discs on the racks so weights won't be an issue like our other molds. Dave can manipulate weight a lot better than most manufacturers so I don't see this being an issue at all.

The Diablo acquisition may be the one that has a little wiggle as Dave can produce these in varied shapes so we may share the mold and just split the more OS /less OS molding techniques.

Latest posts