• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] The Return of the Champion Shark

kevdiv48

* Ace Member *
Silver level trusted reviewer
Gotta go has had them for a while now, allegedly not the same but everyone says that every time for every oop disc that has another run

they have a couple at my local shop. they look new but not that crystal clear plastic. my buddy got a light-ish champ shark with a cheetah stamp as a tourney prize last july. not sure the story behind that one

These champ sharks reappeared about summer/fall last year.

Also: Aren't they coming out with champ sharks and makos with the flat rc3 top?

Compiling the 2012 "what do you throw" data I notice that VERY few people throw sharks. Is that because it's generally available only in DX?

Compiling the 2012 "what do you throw" data I notice that VERY few people throw sharks. Is that because it's generally available only in DX?

That is definitely 1 reason. Unfortunately the majority of DX sharks floating around are the 150 class ones from the beginner sets. The max weights are completely different: a slightly less stable Roc with more glide. The pro and Champ ones are pretty darn awesome, but OOP at the moment. People also say "Why throw a Shark when you can beat up a rancho roc?".

I picked up a beaten Star Shark with a ton of ink on e-bay for $8 some time ago. It is my go to flippy approach disc, short roller disc, long distance putter and general understable utility disc. I can't see not carrying it, but unless I lose it or irreversibly damage it I probably won't be getting another.

No they are not, look at the links in the OP's post.
I am said OP... just because they are for sale doesn't necessarily mean they are in production. So are these recently molded ones or are they just stock Innova has lying around?

They still have patent numbers on them. Don't think it's a new run.

Got a max weight Shark from DTW in the mail today. It isn't pearly, but it does have some gumminess to it. It has the old swoosh stamp with "Mid Range Disc" on the lower half and patent numbers/ ontario tooling on the bottom.
Feels great and flies just like my pearly multi purpose when it wasn't quite as beat up. I dig.