• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] The Servo - Fairway Driver

did you put a lot of anny on it at release? or was this a flat release that turned over into an anny?

because i can put a crap load of anny on a shock at release and it will hold that anny all the way to the ground, i assure you :)

A&E doesnt care how much anny you put on that shock... if it doesn't fade you are fired.

Just uploaded a quick video of some selected Servo throws, easier to spot disc at the end of flight with larger monitor.

Using GoPro Hero 3 Silver set to 1080, 30 FPS, Narrow View.

Definitely picked up a few from community discs in various weights. However, the weather isn't cooperating any time soon...

did you put a lot of anny on it at release? or was this a flat release that turned over into an anny?
hmm seems to me he said he put anhy on it that held to the ground, not that it turned over and it never came back
I checked the flatness of the tops and white ones (I have two white ones) and they look the same as all others. Not only the look, I felt all of them the same.
thanks for checking. i know i can hardly tell the difference in dome on my tangents unless i flip them over side by side. mms can make a difference.
nice video as well

Jake I'm gonna be down Monday-wed so you can def try mine at strawberry.

hooray! i might even get mine by then. i hope so, i have a resistor coming too. this will certainly cut down on shipping costs for the other dozen and then some discs i have for you. all are snow should be gone by then too. might be a little wet though.

Just uploaded a quick video of some selected Servo throws, easier to spot disc at the end of flight with larger monitor.

Using GoPro Hero 3 Silver set to 1080, 30 FPS, Narrow View.

Nice video. How far are you throwing? Based on those flights it looks like a mini version of the first run volts with less wiggle.

I think we might have the 2nd member of team MVP on our hands.

Nice video. How far are you throwing? Based on those flights it looks like a mini version of the first run volts with less wiggle.

I think we might have the 2nd member of team MVP on our hands.

Around 290 to 300 feet.

Yeah similar to FR Volts. I did videotape a round with Servo and Ion and now editing :) I see that lighter Servo is tick less stable than heavier ones and it is great to have wide range of weights.

Ha about Team MVP. I certainly promote MVP products to deaf disc golf community the best I can. :) Cannot wait for http://ca14.org as I am defending GM Champion! Probably needing about 6 more months of CrossFit workouts then I ll look good with no shirt on :thmbup:

Last edited:
hmm seems to me he said he put anhy on it that held to the ground, not that it turned over and it never came back

thanks for checking. i know i can hardly tell the difference in dome on my tangents unless i flip them over side by side. mms can make a difference.
nice video as well

Yeah start with anny release and good snap then it will mostly hold the line to the ground, depending on height.

Good point about flip the disc over and compare. I ll do that.

Got 31 holes in today, and found some uses for the Servo that I hadn't tried it on yet.

I'm not currently carrying an overstable mid in the bag, so I powered down the Servo for a few shots I would normally need one for. It performed very predictably, with the fade being quite useful. It was a bit easier to control powered down than I was expecting, as I normally have a tough time ranging faster discs when not throwing them at about 80%. Usually the fade kicks in too early, but I didn't have this problem (today) with the Servo.

Also used it overhand to get out of trouble, and it flipped over and landed nice and flat. Easy disc to use in that situation.

The combination of Amp/Servo was a staple in my game today. Looking forward to when MVP might come out with an understable driver in this same range.

^^ I found the same thing during my one disc Servo round. I'm very used to throwing my Amp on approaches, so using a Servo felt very natural as well. I found it nice and stable for the 200-250 standstill range.

Some questions:
Is the Servo shallow like the Volt?
Is the slant similar to the Volt?
How would the Servo compare to a Patriot?

Some questions:
Is the Servo shallow like the Volt? Don't have one on hand, but it feels deeper than the Amp, which has the same core.
Is the slant similar to the Volt? I don't ever really notice plus rims, but others have mentioned it. It is flat but comfortable.
How would the Servo compare to a Patriot? By all estimations, a bit more stable. The only Patriot I've thrown faded much less.

Answers in red.

the servo doesn't look plus rimmed to me. Just a slight slant like any other disc.

jlgq.png

the profile reminds me of an eagle-l

both-eagles.jpg

Last edited:
Gonna order two of these tomorrow when I get my check. Mike C's videos only validate my assumption that these may knock out the volt as MVP's best workhorse disc. I can't wait to give these a throw

Three Servos and a Ion at T-2 at Turkey Lake.

I throw 1 to 3 times and pick the best one. Servo showcase from Am (Red) Teepads. Similar format as Mike C :)

Enjoy!

Latest posts