• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] The Servo - Fairway Driver

Ordered my self a Christmas present from Justin this morning.
Pale yellow 166g, can't wait to try it out!

You should leave some cookies out for Justin on Xmas... worth a shot man. :)

PS you will like that mid-weight

I had something else in mind, like a nice juicy steak...

I hope so. I prefer my drivers in that weight range and hope that it flies well for my old arm.

Just got picked up two at DGC a red 158g and a yellow 171g. Can't throw them till Christmas though as their "gifts" from my wife. I havnt ever really thrown lightweight drivers so I am excited to see if the 158g one becomes a hyzer flip machine.

Xmas Servo goodness to myself :) Got package from UPS this afternoon as I was on way to CrossFit class. Cannot wait for tomorrow AM. Weight ranges from 155,157,158,167,168,169,170,171

how is the dome on the white ones compared to the other colors?

I was able to snag the one from community discs labeled as "Steel blue".

Please be one of the pearly looking ones that are popping up now...that would just rule.

I'm going to take my 155g, 166g, and 174g servos out for a test run soon, im hoping the heavy has more fade similar to an eagle-x, the lighter ones in mikes video remind me of eagle-l

Got to throw all 16 Servos (weight from 155 to 171) today at open field three times. All Servos have similar flatness (not as flat as Resistors). Love them. I think MVP has gotten into science where they are able to get similar flight/stabilities across wide weight ranges and colors. Kudos to them.

Servo reminds me of Volt with good healthy forward fade. In some throws I was able to throw Servo anny lines where it went all the way to ground at pretty good distance but overall for me it is quite stable driver with good forward fade at end. Since I basically throw Servo as far as Volt so Servo would take most of Volt shots. I was throwing Servo from 270' to 320' (320' twice) with most around 290' to 300' feet area. (Sunny 80 degrees little wind) I really like the smaller rim (similar to Resistor). I will post video of couple of shots to give you an idea of my level of power looks like. Yeah I need to work on getting rid of PPWT, still work in progress!

After field work, I took three Servos, 157 Carolina Blue (love that color), yellow 167 and orange 171 for a quick round at Turkey Lake. I seems to click with 157 the best but the other two are pretty good, just noticeable heavier. However I am sure it is good to have heavier Servo in case of windy conditions (will have to wait for windy day someday).

It will be interesting to see how Servo seasons over time, time will tell.

So in short, I am happy camper and Servo and Amp will be my main drivers this time. However I am really looking forward for understable speed 7 driver that will definitely take most of Amp shots for sure, esp easy hyzer-flip straight shots, fadeless ending, easy annies, something like Diamond but better version. Amp takes real effort to make it happen for me so I am looking for one that can do all of that with bit less effort.

how is the dome on the white ones compared to the other colors?

I checked the flatness of the tops and white ones (I have two white ones) and they look the same as all others. Not only the look, I felt all of them the same.

In some throws I was able to throw Servo anny lines where it went all the way to ground at pretty good distance but overall for me it is quite stable driver with good forward fade at end. Since I basically throw Servo as far as Volt so Servo would take most of Volt shots. I was throwing Servo from 270' to 320' (320' twice) with most around 290' to 300' feet area. (Sunny 80 degrees little wind)

This is surprising. Were you really torquing it over hard? I was throwing anny lines at 270, and the Servo just laughed them off and pretty much went straight. But, I wasn't really putting a ton of torque on them. The amount of anny I was imparting would have turned over a Tangent nicely, but not made it roll.

As we saw with the Volt in early tests, the disc seemed to have a switch that tuned on around 350 feet that made it "flippy." Maybe the Servo's switch is around 290-300?

This is surprising. Were you really torquing it over hard? I was throwing anny lines at 270, and the Servo just laughed them off and pretty much went straight. But, I wasn't really putting a ton of torque on them. The amount of anny I was imparting would have turned over a Tangent nicely, but not made it roll.

As we saw with the Volt in early tests, the disc seemed to have a switch that tuned on around 350 feet that made it "flippy." Maybe the Servo's switch is around 290-300?

Or maybe it was one of the lighter ones.

Could be, I tend to put more spin throwing anny lines. Amp is certainly easier to put anny lines than Servo.

did you put a lot of anny on it at release? or was this a flat release that turned over into an anny?

because i can put a crap load of anny on a shock at release and it will hold that anny all the way to the ground, i assure you :)

Certainly put quite anny on release. I barely put any turn from flat release.

Im glad I stayed up late because I I couldnt sleep when it started snowing! And snatched up a lightweight servo. I also spent $100 on shoes and a hat while I was in the spending mood. But im most looking forward to that sweet disc.

Latest posts