• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] The Servo - Fairway Driver

I can't pay $18 for a disc.. That's a little too much. I'd rather wait and pay $16 at GGGT or CommunityDiscs. I'll wait until spring time I guess :/

They had that sweet 20% off sale that you must have missed. Besides, having a disc sooner than later is worth a couple bucks to many people.

Flight path now on inbounds:

7873140.png

I definitely don't get this much turn out of mine, but I also don't put it out that far, either.

Remember that this is first blush preliminary. This path will change at some point (but should stay within this ballpark) once additional data sources become available.

Remember that this is first blush preliminary. This path will change at some point (but should stay within this ballpark) once additional data sources become available.

Cool thanks for the chart, little different than what MVP's chart says, slightly less turn maybe?

chart_servo.png

They had that sweet 20% off sale that you must have missed. Besides, having a disc sooner than later is worth a couple bucks to many people.

That sucks that I missed it.. Man! :/ Normally I would blame the company out of frustration, but even I can admit that's on me. I just really wanted to try it in Florida. It would be worth it for me but I spend so much money already and need to be saving up for things.

That sucks that I missed it.. Man! :/ Normally I would blame the company out of frustration, but even I can admit that's on me. I just really wanted to try it in Florida. It would be worth it for me but I spend so much money already and need to be saving up for things.
Haha.. I specifically held off on our Servo pre-order items (c'mon, like I haven't had a year to prepare) until this juicy promo the boss had approved... then dropped 3 different stamps at 20% off. If you sign up for newsletters from DN you won't miss promos :)

RE: flying 'em / turn

ZJ and I threw our Servos yesterday. My weenie arm loved it, and I'll probably tune some more flip into it. We were just talking and we're gonna call it -1 Turn and +2 Fade in the DN ratings. ZJ said the Servo was "less flippy than the original Volts", and we agreed that the inbounds chart basically (except for the lack of Push) shows the Turn of an early Volt.

I'm inclined to say the MVP chart is more accurate ;)

Haha.. I specifically held off on our Servo pre-order items (c'mon, like I haven't had a year to prepare) until this juicy promo the boss had approved... then dropped 3 different stamps at 20% off. If you sign up for newsletters from DN you won't miss promos :)

RE: flying 'em / turn

ZJ and I threw our Servos yesterday. My weenie arm loved it, and I'll probably tune some more flip into it. We were just talking and we're gonna call it -1 Turn and +2 Fade in the DN ratings. ZJ said the Servo was "less flippy than the original Volts", and we agreed that the inbounds chart basically (except for the lack of Push) shows the Turn of an early Volt.

I'm inclined to say the MVP chart is more accurate ;)

What weight was your weenie arm throwing? My weenie arm gets maybe -.5 on the turn. Gonna snag a lighter one when available.

What weight was your weenie arm throwing? My weenie arm gets maybe -.5 on the turn. Gonna snag a lighter one when available.
The only one I threw was a 155g :D :D :D :D

also, much to our surprise considering my non-existent FH game, I flicked the damn thing as far as I BH'd it. probably a fluke clean throw.

The only one I threw was a 155g :D :D :D :D

also, much to our surprise considering my non-existent FH game, I flicked the damn thing as far as I BH'd it. probably a fluke clean throw.

Nice. Glad to see they are bringing them in that low.

Also, how many times can we type "weenie" before receiving an infraction? :D

Ah yeah. I love the sound of an overmolded 7 5(6?) -1 2 disc.

Zam would you say Eagle with more forward fade?
I'd hesitantly say that could be close, because I have very limited experience with fresh Eagles, but I know what their flight profile should be, and the Servo had some of that flavor.

The only Eagles I spent time with in the bag were thrrrraaaaashed DX $$$$$.

I'd hesitantly say that could be close, because I have very limited experience with fresh Eagles, but I know what their flight profile should be, and the Servo had some of that flavor.

The only Eagles I spent time with in the bag were thrrrraaaaashed DX $$$$$.

Yea the profile is similar but the eagle-x wing ends just shy of the edge of the disc, where as the servo goes all the way to the edge.

I miss throwing my CE and 11x Eagles, that's why i wanted to know :(

Yea the profile is similar but the eagle-x wing ends just shy of the edge of the disc, where as the servo goes all the way to the edge.

I miss throwing my CE and 11x Eagles, that's why i wanted to know :(
I meant their characteristics of turn/fade. I can put some Eagle trick on it, and ZJ's arm was getting Eagle workage pretty easily.

Cannot wait for MVP box to arrive this Thu. 16 Servos from lightest to heaviest. Xmas present for myself!

Zam, I was also thinking -1/2 for turn and fade. After throwing them a few days I was thinking 7/6/-1/2.

Gonna post some Mike C stamped Servos for sale tonight!

Looks good, except I'd say a bit less turn at that range. Stretch the flight out another 50' and the turn and fade would be spot on.