• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] The Servo - Fairway Driver

Zam, I was also thinking -1/2 for turn and fade. After throwing them a few days I was thinking 7/6/-1/2.

Thats about where I am. I had them at -2/2 just by the wing shape picture that MVP posted. It definitely could handle more torque than I expected and has a nice reliable forward fade

Thats about where I am. I had them at -2/2 just by the wing shape picture that MVP posted. It definitely could handle more torque than I expected and has a nice reliable forward fade

Man I wish I had cannon arms like you guys. I've gotta work real hard to make mine turn. But I agree about the fade. Even when I don't have my hit dialed in and the disc fades out early on me, it still goes farther than I expect. The fade is definitely forward more than lateral.

From a noodle's perspective I'd say it's a 6.5/5/-.5/2.

Most players are going to see this type of flight. Straight with a good fade. Only big arms will see a noticeable turn.

Edit: But, keep in mind that I threw a 171. I'm not sure if the light ones will turn easier, or have more glide. I suspect that they might, at least to a degree.

Most players are going to see this type of flight. Straight with a good fade. Only big arms will see a noticeable turn.

Edit: But, keep in mind that I threw a 171. I'm not sure if the light ones will turn easier, or have more glide. I suspect that they might, at least to a degree.

As a fellow noodle, I give it about a 7/5.5 on the speed and glide, and agree with your turn and fade numbers. I am gonna do my best to snag a light one and see if I can get it to turn more, as I also have a 171.

I agree with that, that's what Chip was seeing when he tried my heavies. I gave him some in the 160-165 range to try and the flights were looking closer to mine in the lateral action. If you aren't throwing past 320-350' then a 155-165 one would show more turn and glide while still being controllable.

I agree with that, that's what Chip was seeing when he tried my heavies. I gave him some in the 160-165 range to try and the flights were looking closer to mine in the lateral action. If you aren't throwing past 320-350' then a 155-165 one would show more turn and glide while still being controllable.

You gonna have any in that weight for sale? Dibs if you do!

Zam, I was also thinking -1/2 for turn and fade. After throwing them a few days I was thinking 7/6/-1/2.

Gonna post some Mike C stamped Servos for sale tonight!

Looks good, except I'd say a bit less turn at that range. Stretch the flight out another 50' and the turn and fade would be spot on.

I have a C-FD from Discmania listed as a 7/6/-1/1 that threw like a 7/3/0/2 (for me) when new. I will say it has beaten in to something closer to the advertized numbers, apart from the glide.

7/6/-1/2 would be an ideal disc for how I throw and for my power, in an ideal world.

I have a C-FD from Discmania listed as a 7/6/-1/1 that threw like a 7/3/0/2 (for me) when new. I will say it has beaten in to something closer to the advertized numbers, apart from the glide.

7/6/-1/2 would be an ideal disc for how I throw and for my power, in an ideal world.

I've thrown the Servo alongside my C-FD and they are pretty comparable. I think a lighter Servo would be enough to knock the C-FD out of the bag.

If my memory serves the FD is more of a teebird (shape; I threw C so champ) while the Servo might go a bit further than an FD and flies more like an Eagle.

Xmas Servo goodness to myself :) Got package from UPS this afternoon as I was on way to CrossFit class. Cannot wait for tomorrow AM. Weight ranges from 155,157,158,167,168,169,170,171

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 73
Xmas Servo goodness to myself :) Got package from UPS this afternoon as I was on way to CrossFit class. Cannot wait for tomorrow AM. Weight ranges from 155,157,158,167,168,169,170,171

I wish I was as nice to myself as you are to you :clap:

What, no yell....err...no blu.... um.... no whi.... ummmm.... orang.... err... red..... aww, nevermind...just nevermind.
;-)