• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Temple Of ROC!!!!

I threw BIG D 9 CFR Star 180 Roc+ and in cool weather it didn't slip on flat throws when I pinched it but I was squeezing as hard as I could on hyzers and annies and if I threw at full power I had more slips than not. No joy.

JR said:
I threw BIG D 9 CFR Star 180 Roc+ and in cool weather it didn't slip on flat throws when I pinched it but I was squeezing as hard as I could on hyzers and annies and if I threw at full power I had more slips than not. No joy.

I've had similar problems lately. It might be a mental thing for me though....either way i'm sticking with dx ranchos

I like the roc a lot more after throwing them today with my thumb more forward than previously.... almost flies like a different disc :shock: why didnt I try this before??!?

I just recently got three new Champ Rocs. I got an 06 Japan Open Gummy Champ, an 08 Japan Open Champ, and a 2009 USDGC Nate Doss Champ. I completely am going to throw the JO Rocs, but they are lighter than the DX Rocs I've been throwing. I spent $27 on the USDGC Roc (180g), fulling intending to throw it. But now that it has arrived in the mail, I am having second thoughts. I've not had a disc yet that I've bought purely as a collector's item. I'm thinking I will still throw it though, but not 100% sure.

But this leads to another question. If I do decide to throw the USDGC, is it PDGA legal to leave the serial number sticker (the one to match the certificate of authenticity) on the underside of the disc since it came that way? Or would I have to remove the sticker if used in a PDGA tourney? Leaving the sticker on might make me more likely to actually throw it. But if I throw the disc and love it, I want to be able to throw it in the tourney we are having here next month.

It always surprises me when someone throws a rare disc. Cool Daddy Slick Breeze has some vids of the Dynamic Discs $10/15k Ace bounties and Coda Hatfield is throwing an 01 CE at one of them. Years ago I decided that I was never going to throw rare/hard to replace plastic and I've stuck to it <this after losing an Augusta Wraith>.

Discs are meant to fly man! I'm usually a die hard safari hunter for lost plastic, so I don't lose many discs. However the worst I lost was a beautiful blue CE Leopard on Pyramids at Marshall St. I still think its there, but I've been unsuccessful in retrieving it. It was one of the few discs I actually had my name on too! Names mean nothing on rare plastic though to the majority of people who realize what they've found, IMO.

i love me the grip of the 01 rocs. I still reach for my flattop DXs more...but when i want an absolute finish left....i grab CE :)

closest comparison to the 01' would be the 03' correct?

A lot of the old schoolers have pulled the 01's from their bag, and inserted 03's in our area. Personally, I won't throw anything older than a battle roc because... well, I feel that that is just wrong.

I personally like these, wish I had gotten more than one when they went on sale.

27_1218162216.jpg

^ thise kenny glows are the reason I don't really mind not having a ce roc. I have a handful of those and love em. The ce would be nice to have but I won't lose sleep if I never get one.

I missed a brand new bright orange '03 last night that sold for $39.............

FML.