• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Temple Of ROC!!!!

Jeronimo said:
I missed a brand new bright orange '03 last night that sold for $39.............

FML.

I was watching that one but went after the 01 instead... there were actually a couple nice rocs that ended last night.

Animix said:
It always surprises me when someone throws a rare disc. Cool Daddy Slick Breeze has some vids of the Dynamic Discs $10/15k Ace bounties and Coda Hatfield is throwing an 01 CE at one of them. Years ago I decided that I was never going to throw rare/hard to replace plastic and I've stuck to it <this after losing an Augusta Wraith>.

I made an error here. Cool Daddy's video was of a TWISTED FLYER Ace bounty tournament. His association with DD threw me off for a second there.

They are generally fund raiser discs for major tournaments, you can find them online at many sites, check ebay first probably, and expect to pay over $20.

Any thoughts on the Roc in R-Pro plastic? I've never thrown anything in R-Pro, but am kind of intrigued by these. I imagine they'll beat in too fast, but maybe they can fill the spot as a quick replacement for turnovers and annies? Better grip during those wet/rainy rounds? Worthless crap?

Just get a DX ontario roc if you want a quick replacement for a beat roc. The r-pros are just squirrelly when they beat in.

Frank Delicious said:
Mine lasted longer than Trey's but they weren't very durable. Too bad too, I loved the plastic.
Man you guys were right! I taco'd the crap outta my soft 11x this past weekend. Was grooving along and then bam! Done. Was starting to like that disc too, didn't have grip issues with it like the regular hard KC's. Durability-wise I can't imagine the new r-pro's are any better, my gf had a 150 japan r-pro that didn't last too long. I think an FLX type plastic roc would be sweet, given that my gummy star USDGC '09 rancho is my favorite roc (old faithful), although I traded a guy on discaroo for another one and it flew like a brick.

Someone called me today telling me that they had pulled my money roc out of the lake and left information on where to pick it up. I feel complete again.

booter said:
^ thise kenny glows are the reason I don't really mind not having a ce roc. I have a handful of those and love em. The ce would be nice to have but I won't lose sleep if I never get one.

one of these days I get my hands on one of those 4x. #1 on my dream list

zj1002 said:
booter said:
^ thise kenny glows are the reason I don't really mind not having a ce roc. I have a handful of those and love em. The ce would be nice to have but I won't lose sleep if I never get one.

one of these days I get my hands on one of those 4x. #1 on my dream list

Gawd I have so many of those trashy Roc's. I throw them off the coast for fun.

I've got a new one just hanging on the wall, looking sexy. She's a slut though and keeps trying to get me to throw her.

You know what's funny, a year ago I tried to sell it on here for $40 when I needed some cash and couldn't unload it at all.