• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Temple Of ROC!!!!

JR said:
Have you guys tried King Cobras? Not too far off of a new Roc and a nice disc to boot.

i tried a king cobra and liked the flight a lot. i liked the little extra speed and the stability, probably a perfect combo for an all around mid. i just found myself wanting something a little deeper. at the end of the day it was just too shallow for my taste.

The only thing that could math it eventually that i can think of is a broken in Wasp. Most straightish mids are thinner than the Roc. That is if an Obex/Ibex feels too thin or does not fly like you want them to.

The store had 3 flat ones and over a dozen domey ones. I got a flat one 180 dark purple. I have always had good and bad periods getting Rocs to release cleanly so i don't know if it is me or the stiff winds but i needed initial hyzer on it to flip to flat. Underpowered. Otherwise it flew like a Roc. Slow changes to hyzer angle, slow flight not too long vs other mids and a moderate fade. Less than new DX Ranchos. Less HSS than the new DX Rancho has. Probably not by a much because in these kind of winds most Rocs have turned for me. The wing feels pretty + shaped. I did not have slipping issues despite it with rubber cement boosted gloves that gave me the best grip in the winter ever. I have a Sanny 20 year anniversary Star Roc that either is as or more HSS or releases more cleanly. With regular rim so only the flatter top seems like an advantage now. The Roc3 did not flip in a lull at 210-220'. I'd like to know how well it fares under full power in calm weather to see about the HSS and ease of releasing cleanly.

I can gun the flat max weights into downhill and not flip em, but they hold angles superbly as well. Loving the disc, having some consistency problems with release, but that's mostly because of winter. I just hope they keep making the nice Champ plastic instead of just reverting back to the old after a while.

I could not and cannot get the second session in until next week so i don't know other than generally the Roc3 is a Roc. With a plus mold. The fade is pretty normal for a broken in DX, new R-Pro or new 20 year anniversary. I generally flip Rocs in the wind and did this one too.

I have two roc3s regular production and one first run. They are all flat and super over stable for me. I throw dx rocs normally but these are nothing like them. One might make my bag for the over stable slot and I will hope that in a few years it will be like a normal roc. It baffles me to think that some of them are flippy.

Jalle Stoor rated 1010 i think told me that he had a few FRs and some did not turn and some did at high power and wind. An he tosses faaar.

Could it be the shitty flash removing job on the outer rim that's affecting the flight? I've been wondering about that, the PLH is identical on each of my FR's and the prod runs, but the nose skinning job is horrendous.

Changes in shape can bring about changes in flight. Very small flash on the bottom of a disc can make huge differences to the flight of discs in some molds TL is a great example with some starting out more OS than TBs breaking into flippy understable discs.

Check yours as well, both my FRs and my McBeths have been skinned on the nose with generosity and very unevenly.

I'm sure it's been discussed but the search bar isn't working for me. What difference does the type of plastic make with rocs. I'm about to get my first one and can't pick

LuckyEagle405 said:
I'm sure it's been discussed but the search bar isn't working for me. What difference does the type of plastic make with rocs. I'm about to get my first one and can't pick
Just get a DX, probably the best first Roc for anyone.

My brother has an old San Marino with a big bird stamp in his bag and has no idea that its unique. He also has a 9x KC Aviar as his main putter...go figure. He just started playing, so all these things don't matter to him.

I've thrown this SM next to my seasoned Rancho and can't tell much of a difference other than it has less glide. There is less dome in the SM so I figure that's why. I just thought it would fly a lot less stable than it did. It's pretty seasoned and has no major gashes, just tons of small marks...seasoned beautifully.

What can you guys tell me about it based on these pictures?

ta5upy5u.jpg

4abu4epy.jpg

reny3yja.jpg

WTF did Innova do with all of this Roc stuff? I haven't bought a Roc in 4-5 years and I looked on their website and there are a bunch of Roc versions now. If I wanted a good DX Rancho Roc (like those that that were made from 2003 - 2009 or so, what are my options? Are the new DX Rocs like the ones from then?

I always took Blake's advice that if you like something, buy 20+ of them but I don't have many left. Just seeing what my options are.

Thanks,
Brandon

Latest posts