• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Things noobs say...

Playing with my daughter, who much much prefers novice over noob.
Last hole of her first ever round. #9. Firemans Park, Waterloo, Wisconsin.

She: Hyzer flips a beat up dx Eagle to flat. Flies about 150 up the hill. Fades and lands. Center of fairway.
Me: Nice throw. Best of the day for you.
She: meh
Me: Throws Champ Eagle into tree trunk. Twack! Lands, rolls down hill 40 feet.
She: Brickhouse!
Me: grrrrr, wtf is brickhouse?
She: I don't know. My friends say it. It just sounded appropriate right then, Dad.:p

Today, walking past a group of chuckers and one says to his friend standing 45' from the basket, "thats a good putter shot." to which he replies, "nah I'm gonna shoot my midranger here."

hahah I don't know why but that made me laugh out loud..

I have an old leagues round video I made where we take my drive on a long hole and we're maybe 50' out. I miss my putt then my partner backhands a roc at it. I was confused, lol.

I have an old leagues round video I made where we take my drive on a long hole and we're maybe 50' out. I miss my putt then my partner backhands a roc at it. I was confused, lol.

Could make sense, depending on how close your putt landed and how good the guy is with his Roc...

Wait, I thought I was the ironic one in that exchange. :p

The "nice up" on a missed putt does really annoy me. The guys I play with always say that.

Haha you got me confused now so you win anyhow. :D

Tell me about it. My friends believe just like you that I have the Nova for 45' approaches. "nice!"
I just ****in missed a put!

A few minutes ago I made a noob excuse..
Awful bad timing and line missing whoops hyzer with a Cannon off the tee. Junk skipped off my fairway across basket area on another hole. Walking up a pair was coming up the fairway so I lurked to wait them out. One asked me if I was looking for a disc. And I responded.
"I got distracted by the cute girl with the weedwipper working back there, terrible throw. I'm over there, you guys hole out. Gonna be a tough 3." (Pretty decent out on a safe line, but 75 feet away yet, long left for a 12' putt for 4)

A few minutes ago I made a noob excuse..
Awful bad timing and line missing whoops hyzer with a Cannon off the tee. Junk skipped off my fairway across basket area on another hole. Walking up a pair was coming up the fairway so I lurked to wait them out. One asked me if I was looking for a disc. And I responded.
"I got distracted by the cute girl with the weedwipper working back there, terrible throw. I'm over there, you guys hole out. Gonna be a tough 3." (Pretty decent out on a safe line, but 75 feet away yet, long left for a 12' putt for 4)

Weedwipper?? I'm assuming this is what I've always heard of as a weedwhacker? Not trying to be a jerk, I'm just always fascinated with regional differences.

Haha! This is why I bag nova. Only noobs use mids for 45' approaches.

I was just caught off guard by the "midranger" reference.. I had never heard it called a midranger.. hahah hilarious. And I sincerely hope he was joking around but probably not.

Weedwipper?? I'm assuming this is what I've always heard of as a weedwhacker? Not trying to be a jerk, I'm just always fascinated with regional differences.

As we've traveled around I've heard weedeater, weedwhacker, and string trimmer. Weedwhipper is a new one!

As we've traveled around I've heard weedeater, weedwhacker, and string trimmer. Weedwhipper is a new one!

I shared this with a couple buddies and no kidding I got called out for using the term weed-whipper. Buddies use weedwhacker. Might just be me? I have run string trimmers but I have referred to as weed-whippers and operated one many of the last 35 years since I was about 10.

Played with a noob that joined our tag league card for a few holes the other day and he uncorked this winner from about 10ft. out:

"I find the best results when I aim for the base of the pin. It really makes sure I don't overshoot it and improves my score"
:doh:

I shared this with a couple buddies and no kidding I got called out for using the term weed-whipper. Buddies use weedwhacker. Might just be me? I have run string trimmers but I have referred to as weed-whippers and operated one many of the last 35 years since I was about 10.
not to be confused with grass whip
g194602.jpg

Played with a noob that joined our tag league card for a few holes the other day and he uncorked this winner from about 10ft. out:

"I find the best results when I aim for the base of the pin. It really makes sure I don't overshoot it and improves my score"
:doh:

Not a bad strategy if you're a horrendously bad putter. Nothing worse than missing an 8' comebacker for bogey!

not to be confused with grass whip
g194602.jpg

I used to use one of these as a kid before the invention of the string trimmer. This is what I call a weed whacker. The 300 yard ditch in front of my fathers house required a ton of whacking with this tool.
The gas powered version is a weed eater or string trimmer IMO.

Second thought, I could go for calling this a weed whip cause that thing will whip your ass.

The tool above I've always heard sling blade, and usually weed eater or bushwhacker for the motorized trimmer.

Weed whipper is a good one though.

Latest posts