• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Things noobs say...

When they just pick up the disc when its within 10 and walk away ...yeah, like, hey chucker, why don't you actually make the shot?

--also when they hit pole or cage and count it

Then hear the comment "I would of made that if I took my time" so it's good. Then brags about how ell he;s shooting to every guy he sees on the course.

Well? Take your time on the next putt and play right! So no, it's not good.

He's not a total noob, just a jerk chucker with a big ego

Every am tourney in MN is also like that. Absolutely stupid if you ask me. Justification being it makes math easier?!?!? We may not all be geniuses but pretty sure bet we all went to 3rd grade

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like how the actual PAR written down "makes math easier". Like many golfers everything is a PAR 3 in my head and when adding the scorecard since I'm so familiar with 27 on 9 and 54 on 18, but the PAR on the sign or card does not affect this mathematical strategy. Generally speaking assigning a flat PAR for score keeping purposes makes sense though.

I do find myself not knowing my true score to PAR while on the course though and noobs seem to want to know that more than experienced players. I get the "how many under are you" and I always reply, I just know I'm 2 under if everything is a 3. I wont know my actual under PAR until the round is over and I compare my total score to course PAR. I think this strategy is pretty commonplace.

Let some guys play through as I was throwing a few discs off the tee...

Me: "Hey...is that my disc?"
"No, it's my yellow one"
Me: "Yeah but...is that my disc?"
"It's by that tree"
Me: "Can you read what it says on the disc?"
"Ummm...wait..."
Me: "Yeah I'm pretty sure that's my disc."

Sometimes discs are different even though the colors are the same. And the driver you threw feels way different than the mid that's in your hand. And my name is written on it.

Generally speaking assigning a flat PAR for score keeping purposes makes sense though.
Once you do it this way a few times, it's actually harder to add scores any other way.

I get the "how many under are you" and I always reply, I just know I'm 2 under if everything is a 3. I wont know my actual under PAR until the round is over and I compare my total score to course PAR. I think this strategy is pretty commonplace.
My response is normally related to 54(for 18 holes). I've been using birdie beads to track myself separate from the scorecard. I've been avoiding looking at the scorecard during the round because it gets me thinking of how the other players are doing compared to me and it distracts me from concentrating on my game.

"Strive to beat your best score on a given course"

"Give me the heaviest high speed drivers that you have because I'm throwing from the "men's" tees!"

"Give me the heaviest high speed drivers that you have because I'm throwing from the "men's" tees!"

Oh geez...there's another thing I've had to explain. I really like how there are no womens tees or mens tees in DG. Just short, long, stupid long...whatever you want to call it.

"So that's the womens tee?"
"Erm...no. We just call it the short tee."
"Ok, so we're teeing off from the lady's tee?"

*facepalm*

-Dave

"If it wasn't for hole 12, and 7...well and 4 and 5.... I'd be 6 down every time at this course!!"

"If it wasn't for hole 12, and 7...well and 4 and 5.... I'd be 6 down every time at this course!!"

Good grief I hear that sooooooo often. Every time someone gives an absurd synopsis like that I just want to scream, "NOBODY CARES!" If it's one hole that turned a round into garbage that's one thing but if there is a litany of 4 or 5 holes that screwed up the round well then...it was a crappy round!

-Dave

"hey I found a disc on the last hole,you lose one?"

"Maybe, what color is it?"

Wtf? Either you lost a disc or your didn't. What does the color or mold matter?

Good grief I hear that sooooooo often. Every time someone gives an absurd synopsis like that I just want to scream, "NOBODY CARES!" If it's one hole that turned a round into garbage that's one thing but if there is a litany of 4 or 5 holes that screwed up the round well then...it was a crappy round!

-Dave

We often say this as a joke, which of course it should be... Like getting a rare birdie on hole 16 and you "This round would have been really really good if it wasn't for the double bogey on 2 and 3.... ... and 6, 7... 12... .... ... and the quadruple bogey on 13 and 14. But other than that it was great!"

When they just pick up the disc when its within 10 and walk away ...yeah, like, hey chucker, why don't you actually make the shot?

--also when they hit pole or cage and count it

This pisses me off more than anything... And then at the end of the round they're like, "yeah I shot 5 down." When in reality they shot +5 and you legit shot -3.. So in their messed up, moronic mind they win! Drives me bonkers.

Latest posts