• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Things noobs say...

I threw a mid on a wooded downhill hole (#16 at Barfield Crescent), which slipped just outside of the wood line. Noob walks by, sees it, picks it up, takes a few steps, looks around, sees us looking at him from the pad in silent disbelief, raises the disc in the air and asks:
"Is this yours?"
"Yep"
"What do you want me to do with it?"
"Put it back where you found it please"

Do you want to be my doubles partner in the upcoming doubles tourney? This was said by the guy who I had partnered up with bc I had no choice and we ended up shooting +7 or 12 behind the lead group. I said no.

"I need a disc I can flick." Holding a teebird in his hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"everything is a Par 3"
In Wisconsin, pretty much every tournament is scored as all holes being par 3...I've heard it's different in other states. I'm not saying ever hole should be a par 3. That's just how it is here.

I get what you're saying though.

In Wisconsin, pretty much every tournament is scored as all holes being par 3...I've heard it's different in other states. I'm not saying ever hole should be a par 3. That's just how it is here.

Every am tourney in MN is also like that. Absolutely stupid if you ask me. Justification being it makes math easier?!?!? We may not all be geniuses but pretty sure bet we all went to 3rd grade

Every am tourney in MN is also like that. Absolutely stupid if you ask me. Justification being it makes math easier?!?!? We may not all be geniuses but pretty sure bet we all went to 3rd grade

Tournaments being the time when you write down each score on each hole...

I call this one "bad influences on noobs that they remember forever"

So, what you're saying is "it's something noobs say, or you're from Wisconsin" :D

In my opinion it sounds like it wa used to make fun of me just because I am new to this board, it doen't mean im new to the sport, I have been playing for over 2 years.

If you're looking for a forum where everyone is considerate and caring, DGCR is definitely not the place. But just because one person posted to make fun of you, or a couple others thought it was funny too, that doesn't mean that we all appreciated the post. Welcome to DGCR.

"everything is a Par 3"

I thought the more "noob" thing to say would be: "Dang that's at least 400 feet. It's at least a par 4!"

As a side note, around here I only know of one course that has par labeled. I've been meaning to take a picture of this hole and tee sign, but there's a particularly funny one where it's marked as a par 5, but only 389' and slightly downhill. In other words, I'm usually pretty happy when par isn't labeled and I just go back to calling everything par 3 for the convenience of score-keeping. Or maybe I'm just exposing how much of a noob I am?

I thought the more "noob" thing to say would be: "Dang that's at least 400 feet. It's at least a par 4!"

As a side note, around here I only know of one course that has par labeled. I've been meaning to take a picture of this hole and tee sign, but there's a particularly funny one where it's marked as a par 5, but only 389' and slightly downhill. In other words, I'm usually pretty happy when par isn't labeled and I just go back to calling everything par 3 for the convenience of score-keeping. Or maybe I'm just exposing how much of a noob I am?

Yea I definately think there are a lot of courses that label like crap, I played a course a week ago, 256' slight uphill and strait. Par 4? That's a joke lol. when it's over 500'or super doglegged, or whatever, it's a legit par 4 in my eyes. Like I said before it doesn't change math to make them all 3's, I mean if I can count to 54 I don't think counting to 55, or 65 is that problematic.

In my opinion it sounds like it wa used to make fun of me just because I am new to this board, it doen't mean im new to the sport, I have been playing for over 2 years.

dawson_crying.jpg

If you're looking for a forum where everyone is considerate and caring, DGCR is definitely not the place. But just because one person posted to make fun of you, or a couple others thought it was funny too, that doesn't mean that we all appreciated the post. Welcome to DGCR.

Ok (sorry I missread it at first.)

Last edited:
"i can't find my other putter".

My response, "both of your discs are drivers, would you like to try a putter?"

Glazed confused look and no reply...

Couple holes on my home course are 400' uphill and another that is just under but often has a pretty decent headwind. The first app i had downloaded for tracking score had them both as a par 4, i'm guessing the first person to load the course on the app was able to designate them. I run into a lot of long time newbs that play them both as par 4, they also get whoop whoop excited when they get a birdie 3 on either.

Latest posts