• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Things noobs say...

Just hopped on with a group of newbies today. One of them swore by MVP. "They just all land so flat, innova spikes too hard". I honestly didn't know what to say to that. I tried to explain disc dynamics and it was like talking to a post. Oh and all discraft discs turn over too much.... kids these days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just hopped on with a group of newbies today. One of them swore by MVP. "They just all land so flat, innova spikes too hard". I honestly didn't know what to say to that. I tried to explain disc dynamics and it was like talking to a post. Oh and all discraft discs turn over too much.... kids these days

Its that gyro homie. Step your game up. Surprised mvp lands at all they go so far.

I was at Brown Deer yesterday, practicing for the GMO this weekend. As I walk up to hole #1, I see this group of 3 guys about to throw. One of the guys was loud & obnoxious. He loudly said "I only throw MVP like the top pros". :p He proceeds to throw straight into a tree 50' off the tee. He was trying to act cool for his two buddies. They both were chuckers only carrying a few discs in their hands. He had a Ranger bag full of MVP. Even after nailing the tree he says "If I would have thrown an Innova disc, it would have bounced off the tree even further into the woods". I asked nicely if I could play through (I was playing by myself). They agreed, I threw my seasoned KC Roc about 30' short the pin. One of the two chuckers asked me what disc I threw. I smiled & said "A Roc, it's an midrange made by Innova". The MVP guy gave me a mean look. He didn't say one word while we played out the hole together. He kept that angry look the entire time I was with them. I played hole #2 by myself & played the rest of the round solo. I've never met a guy in person who threw all MVP before yesterday. It was a funny experience for me, to say the least.

B Position (380')
25a549dc.jpg

I have a lot of people tell me I'm the first they've seen with an all MVP bag. I'm an engineering nerd and while I acknowledge that the difference with the overmold is negligible at best, I like the idea and therefore I stick with them. If it makes a difference in your mind, that's what matters! Confidence is everything in this game. I hate the people like that guy who give the rest of us a bad reputation

I have a lot of people tell me I'm the first they've seen with an all MVP bag. I'm an engineering nerd and while I acknowledge that the difference with the overmold is negligible at best, I like the idea and therefore I stick with them. If it makes a difference in your mind, that's what matters! Confidence is everything in this game. I hate the people like that guy who give the rest of us a bad reputation

I dunno if anyone I know looks down on MVP at all. Throw what works for you. It's just hilarious to me to hear noobs talk about their brand loyalty like they're a pro or something. Or the attitude that since they like one brand all others suck.

I dunno if anyone I know looks down on MVP at all. Throw what works for you. It's just hilarious to me to hear noobs talk about their brand loyalty like they're a pro or something. Or the attitude that since they like one brand all others suck.

They're are loyalists and wannabee loyalists.

Around here, a few years ago it was Prodigy, then that was dropped and now the same group is all into trilogy and I haven't seen a Prodigy disc in any ones bag in over a year. I know a few guys that throw MVP/Axiom, but they can actually play. Maybe that will be the next company the wannabees will chase.

They're are loyalists and wannabee loyalists.

Around here, a few years ago it was Prodigy, then that was dropped and now the same group is all into trilogy and I haven't seen a Prodigy disc in any ones bag in over a year. I know a few guys that throw MVP/Axiom, maybe that will be the next company the wannabees will chase.

Already is here in MN. It's insane. Like I said I don't have a problem with any discs in particular, but if I have to here about gyro from someone who doesn't know an overmold from a Greek sandwich, well I don't know what I'll do. Besides make them mad when I throw my putter farther then they're orbital lol.

Back to the OP - Newb steps up and throws reasonably flat but directly into a tree 50' from the tee then turns and says "Man, that was going perfect till it hit the tree."

Already is here in MN. It's insane. Like I said I don't have a problem with any discs in particular, but if I have to here about gyro from someone who doesn't know an overmold from a Greek sandwich, well I don't know what I'll do. Besides make them mad when I throw my putter farther then they're orbital lol.

That's neither HEAR nor THEIR
lol

Last edited:
"I want a really fast disc, I need all the help I can get"... that's a good one I heard a few months back.

Noobs and Chuckers just annoy the ish outta me. Not people who are NEW to the game, that's fine, have fun, enjoy yourself, but the punk goons who just ruin **** and are annoying. I want to slap then with a spike hyzer with a Stiletto

Noobs and Chuckers just annoy the ish outta me. Not people who are NEW to the game, that's fine, have fun, enjoy yourself, but the punk goons who just ruin **** and are annoying. I want to slap then with a spike hyzer with a Stiletto

Like the ones that destroyed all of the really nice galvanized garbage cans within a week of them being installed at my home course? Now they have been working on ruining some really cool benches that were installed last fall.. Why exactly is it a good idea to get more idiots into this sport?

Like the ones that destroyed all of the really nice galvanized garbage cans within a week of them being installed at my home course? Now they have been working on ruining some really cool benches that were installed last fall.. Why exactly is it a good idea to get more idiots into this sport?

Those people have been around for a long time. I mean I started playing about 15 years ago, my local course was always trashed until enough people started showing up on their lunch breaks or for a quick round after work or with the kids. Course is in a hell of a lot better shape. The people trashing courses aren't into disc golf they're into causing trouble.

Those people have been around for a long time. I mean I started playing about 15 years ago, my local course was always trashed until enough people started showing up on their lunch breaks or for a quick round after work or with the kids. Course is in a hell of a lot better shape. The people trashing courses aren't into disc golf they're into causing trouble.

Right. We would be better off if these trouble makers and vandals never heard about the sport in the first place. :|

Right. We would be better off if these trouble makers and vandals never heard about the sport in the first place. :|

I don't pretend I wasn't up to trouble in my younger days. This sport is for all of us to have a good time or compete against friends or whatever. We can all admit this sport attracts a demographic like no other sport. We had respect though and didn't trash the place. That was our hangout so why would we.

The sports growing whether you want it or not, and if we don't promote it outwards then the ruffians who already screw it up keep spreading the word and take over.

Latest posts