• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Things noobs say...

Sorry. I just think "mature adults" don't need a thread about hitting people, or animals.I'm one who has been struck HARD by a driver, in the temple. Concussion. Very painful!

My favorite thing to say AS a professional recreational player, to fellow pro-recs - "Man, that tree just came out of nowhere!"

Back on topic...

"Watch me hyzer flip this 180g Flick"

Ugh, yeah. This one gets me. I have a couple friends who are always talking about hyzer flips and yet have never thrown one. To them, "hyzerflip" is just an anny. Then they throw an actual hyzer and are like "why didn't that flip?!"

"It's probably an Innova"

That was actually just said to me a couple weeks back. I was traveling for work and playing a small town course. I was stuck behind a couple of noobs for a while and gave them a few holes to offer the play through before I yelled up the fairway. They were nice guys and when I threw my midrange on a dead straight shot one guy (the one throwing a big winged driver on 150 ft hyzers the whole time) said, "I need a disc like that". His friend replied, "It's probably an Innova".

I suppose it is Innova's retail footprint or maybe just their overall marketing strategy, but it made me giggle.

"It's probably an Innova"

That was actually just said to me a couple weeks back. I was traveling for work and playing a small town course. I was stuck behind a couple of noobs for a while and gave them a few holes to offer the play through before I yelled up the fairway. They were nice guys and when I threw my midrange on a dead straight shot one guy (the one throwing a big winged driver on 150 ft hyzers the whole time) said, "I need a disc like that". His friend replied, "It's probably an Innova".

I suppose it is Innova's retail footprint or maybe just their overall marketing strategy, but it made me giggle.

well. was it?

That video is great - "it flies overstable...to understable...depending on the day..."

Bwahahaha! I was gonna quote that, but read back and saw that I'd been beat to it.
Another one that I found particularly funny and newbish was about not playing on windy days because it made his scores go down. (I was watching the Champs Vs. Chumps Round 4 videos, and among various reasons for missing KC was the wind. NorCal seems too calm to me.

How is it gossip?

You made the post on a public forum and all users on here can see it, click it and read it.

In my opinion it sounds like it wa used to make fun of me just because I am new to this board, it doen't mean im new to the sport, I have been playing for over 2 years.

In my opinion it sounds like it wa used to make fun of me just because I am new to this board, it doen't mean im new to the sport, I have been playing for over 2 years.

I'm sure no offence was intended, but it's best not to be too thin-skinned around here.

Latest posts