• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Thunderbird

another another new mold that doesnt excite me in the least and i love speed 9-10 discs .. sounds like an Orc, FL, Viking, PD, Olf etc. .. but it will sell so yeah woo hoo innova :eek: :eek: :\

dont_hate_celebrate_tshirts_mugs_buttons_sticker-r67512be17d8a45debe62ed70a081cc85_v9waf_8byvr_512.jpg

That Discmania anhyzer top is why I've never liked PD's. They just feel all wrong to me. I hope this Thunderbird doesn't have a PD top, although I don't really need another mold in my bag anyway so I shouldn't care.

The Anhyzer Top is Discmania only at this time so it'll probably have a different top. Perhaps this is the PD Test Config being given its own name?

:clap::thmbup:

Last time Dave was testing a new mold, him and his thrower were on hole 8 on the front side of La Mirada trying to hyzer flip over the trees and drop in on the short position. It might have been what later became the Foxbat but regardless, they invited me to play through. I pulled out an ace signed :p, Super Stingray and nicked the top of the basket with the same hyzer flip approach (ace from a different park, btw).

With all the new players coming into the sport, there has never been a better time to sell the near identical molds with newer and fancier names.

I must be the only person that has been looking for a Speed 9 disc to fill the gap between my Vikings and my Firebirds.

I'll definitely give this bad boy a spin.

I must be the only person that has been looking for a Speed 9 disc to fill the gap between my Vikings and my Firebirds.

yeah I think its a home-run despite all the OLF/PD trolling going on. Everyone wants something between their Teebird and Destroyer. Hopefully this is it...again

So anyone else releases a disc and it's awesome. Innova releases a disc and pitchforks come out. Ugh

If this was an MVP release, this thread would be about how everyone was going to pre-order like a dozen of them.

yeah I think its a home-run despite all the OLF/PD trolling going on. Everyone wants something between their Teebird and Destroyer. Hopefully this is it...again

Hell, 90% of the people on the course don't even know what Millenium or Discmania are. When I pull out my PD in tournament rounds, it's a complete mystery to most people.

A Thunderbird is going to sell like freakin' hotcakes. IMO, you can't go wrong with more fairway drivers. Better than some speed 17 monstrosity.

yeah i agree its refreshing to see them release something in this speed range and i agree it will sell like hotcakes .. hell im just being a sour puss

Glad too see Innova putting out a driver that isn't warp speed. I completely understand Innova wanting to capitalize with their name exclusively on a disc similar to PD/OLF. At stores like Dick's, REI, and Sports Authority you generally can't pick up anything but Innova.

I still would rather have a G* OLF. Probably won't pick one of these unless it turns out to fly like an OLF clone.

I must be the only person that has been looking for a Speed 9 disc to fill the gap between my Bandits and my Firebirds.

Fixed that for you. :hfive:

Yeah, I'll pick up a Thunderbird, for sure.

Hoping that it is a seasoned firebird. They are very hard to replace and to have a stock disc that flies like it would be great.

yeah i agree its refreshing to see them release something in this speed range and i agree it will sell like hotcakes .. hell im just being a sour puss

As Legacy nuts keep twiddling their thumbs for the Outlaw...... ;)
Your old DX Rocs are begging to fly again Ian

As Legacy nuts keep twiddling their thumbs for the Outlaw...... ;)
Your old DX Rocs are begging to fly again Ian

lol .. i dont mind waiting kinda refreshing to see someone wait and make sure they are releasing the mold they want instead of rushing stuff out there :p .. my old dx rocs are flying... i dunno where though since i sold them all lol but my Ghosties are flying better then ever .. Excel Ghosts ftw :p:p :thmbup:

Hoping that it is a seasoned firebird. They are very hard to replace and to have a stock disc that flies like it would be great.

Agreed. Would be nice to have an out of the box flight like my beat star Firebirds. Take so long to get to that sweet spot.

Color me excited.

Firebird, Thunderbird, Viking, Roadrunner would be the bees knees in my bag.