• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Thunderbird

So did we come to a consensus about the flight of the glow? Seems like some are saying they are glide-less turds, and others are singing their praises. Usual inconsistency issues?

So did we come to a consensus about the flight of the glow? Seems like some are saying they are glide-less turds, and others are singing their praises. Usual inconsistency issues?

I don't think it's the consistency issues. I'm assuming that the glows are a fairly small run and should be pretty similar (could be wrong).

I wouldn't mind if the glows were either more overstable or slightly understable. Both would be pretty useful but a glide-less turd...no thanks.

I don't think it's the consistency issues. I'm assuming that the glows are a fairly small run and should be pretty similar (could be wrong).

I wouldn't mind if the glows were either more overstable or slightly understable. Both would be pretty useful but a glide-less turd...no thanks.

That's what I'm concerned about. If they're all the same run, maybe we're just seeing big weight, or arm-speed differences.

My glow Th-bird is more OS than my others. I have a JR Champion and a Star, the Glow was the most overstable.

But thats me

I would not go as far as saying my Glow is more stable or overstable, but it definitely has less glide, makes it dump earlier, giving it the impression of being more stable to overstable.

I keep throwing my one star hoping to see the potential of what I would like, but it is not happening for me. I will make an official marketplace thread later, but since you are specifically on this thread to look at Thunderbirds, I am looking to part with four Stars and a Champion Glow. If interested, PM so we can discuss it away from this thread.

My glow Th-bird is more OS than my others. I have a JR Champion and a Star, the Glow was the most overstable.

But thats me

Most of my Glow plastic, Katana, Rocs, ThB all seem to be more stable than my non glows.

Most of my Glow plastic, Katana, Rocs, ThB all seem to be more stable than my non glows.

For me it's a mixed bag. My Champion Glow Leopard is definitely more stable than its Star plastic counterparts. But my Champion Glow TL is about the same as my Champ TLs, which are marginally more overstable than (fresh) Star TLs, if at all.

My Glow DX Valkryie is almost identical to the regular DX Valkyrie.

I keep throwing my one star hoping to see the potential of what I would like, but it is not happening for me..

I went out and threw my Star Thunderbird on the range today, along with my other drivers. I was a bit disappointed with the Star Thunderbird, as it is less glide and more OS than the Champion Thunderbird. It reminds me a lot of my FAF Star Valkyrie that is way more overstable than other Valkyries.

I'll continue working with my Star Thunderbird for a couple of months, but I think this is one of those cases where the Star version might actually be more overstable than the Champion version.

I went out and threw my Star Thunderbird on the range today, along with my other drivers. I was a bit disappointed with the Star Thunderbird, as it is less glide and more OS than the Champion Thunderbird. It reminds me a lot of my FAF Star Valkyrie that is way more overstable than other Valkyries.

I'll continue working with my Star Thunderbird for a couple of months, but I think this is one of those cases where the Star version might actually be more overstable than the Champion version.

Stars being more stable to overstable than Champion is nothing new. I had several Star Destroyers last year that were night and day more overstable than my Champion versions.

I pulled the Stars out today and put the Champion Thunderbirds back in. There was a huge difference in the confidence in my drives and I am definitely not going to miss the Stars. For me, it is not worth the trouble of seasoning them in because it would take a long time, and if I never see the potential in them, how can I practice the shots I am eventually intending them to do?

The only thing that can possibly save them for me is that I may need that slight extra stability for forehand shots. I so rarely throw forehand that I normally do not dedicate a spot in the bag for that one specific shot. But I may considered it.

Again, they may soon be in the marketplace if someone is interested.

I recently took out all of my star plastic in exchange for champion. I found it took me too long to season the star plastic and the champion feels better in my hand. I keep a FAF Champ firebird in my bag for those forehand/really overstable needs. One disc, multiple uses. I also use it from time to time as a midrange when I need that firebird skip.

Stars being more stable to overstable than Champion is nothing new. I had several Star Destroyers last year that were night and day more overstable than my Champion versions.

I pulled the Stars out today and put the Champion Thunderbirds back in. There was a huge difference in the confidence in my drives and I am definitely not going to miss the Stars. For me, it is not worth the trouble of seasoning them in because it would take a long time, and if I never see the potential in them, how can I practice the shots I am eventually intending them to do?

The only thing that can possibly save them for me is that I may need that slight extra stability for forehand shots. I so rarely throw forehand that I normally do not dedicate a spot in the bag for that one specific shot. But I may considered it.

Again, they may soon be in the marketplace if someone is interested.

I recently took out all of my star plastic in exchange for champion. I found it took me too long to season the star plastic and the champion feels better in my hand. I keep a FAF Champ firebird in my bag for those forehand/really overstable needs. One disc, multiple uses. I also use it from time to time as a midrange when I need that firebird skip.

if you guys arent liking your star thunderbirds id love to trade you for them. I really like the thunderbird in star plastic

My star Thunderbird starts to fade much earlier than my champs. The star version is just slightly shorter even with the stronger fade. I can't wait to break this one in or find a nice beat star thunderbird.

Latest posts