• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Trilogy putter = to the Wizard

Wizard looks like the baby of a Macana and Judge.

Wizard has the depth and a symmetrical wing like the Macana (although the wind of the Macana is more blunt than the Wizards). The Judge, although having a slightly asymmetrical wing and shallower, appears to have a closer shaped wing to the Wizard (both are less blunt and a little closer to bullet shaped than the Macana).

I own all three and often practice putt with all three at short range in my house. They are all close enough in shape, feel, and flight (at this putting range) that I don't notice much difference.

If I couldn't throw a Wizard and had to choose a putter from the Trilogy lineup, I'd choose a Judge.

If I couldn't throw a Wizard and had to choose a putter from the Trilogy lineup, I'd choose a Judge.

The wizards great. Plastics are great. I just also prefer a lower profile. That's all...

I have an all trilogy bag, and my last swith was from a Wizard. I wanted feel and flight, except more glide.

I decided to go with the macana after playing well with the one I got from a mystery box.

From above, I felt the Macana matched those guidelines perfectly. The judge just never clicked.

Closest to a good fresh Wiz in flight would be a Shield or Mercy, but they don't feel the same.

Closest in feel would be a Judge(low profile) or a Dagger(deeper.). Neither fly quite the same. I have not thrown or seen a Gauntlet so no help there.

The only replacement for a Wiz is another Wiz.

Latest posts