• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Understable speed 9 drivers.

This speed and stability of disc is my favorite type of disc to throw. Right now I'm carrying a Firm Vamp (very understable after you wear it in a bit) and a x-Heat, which is probably my most shapable disc at long distances. The Heat is just a really fun disc to throw, well, unless you're throwing into a headwind, but that's a given. I think I'll probably try some of the other suggestions in here, like the Z-Heat and Underworld.

Check out a MVP amp.

Amp is not really that understable in my experience. It's sort-of like a TL. It has a little turn/flip-up to it, but it's also quite stable when it starts to slow down.

Beat up S-PD.

Not sure how beat up your S-PD is, but I've been bagging the same one for 8 years as my overstable distance driver, and it still fills that role perfectly. I have another S-PD that is pretty much unscathed and it flies almost identical to my 8 year old one. The seasoned one has maybe a little bit more turn into a headwind, but that's about the only difference I can notice. It still has plenty of fade at the end.

Now, if you would have said a beat up P-PD, I could agree there. Then again, maybe my S-PD is just a freak. I've never beat in a disc this much that held its original flight characteristics as well as this disc.

Not sure how beat up your S-PD is, but I've been bagging the same one for 8 years as my overstable distance driver, and it still fills that role perfectly. I have another S-PD that is pretty much unscathed and it flies almost identical to my 8 year old one. The seasoned one has maybe a little bit more turn into a headwind, but that's about the only difference I can notice. It still has plenty of fade at the end.

Now, if you would have said a beat up P-PD, I could agree there. Then again, maybe my S-PD is just a freak. I've never beat in a disc this much that held its original flight characteristics as well as this disc.

PDs have some run to run variation to them. I can't tell the runs apart but for the first 2-3 runs. The very first ones (shield stamps only) had a completely different top on them instead of the "anhyzer top" and a bit blunter and pretty stable. Then some of the runs after had the anhyzer tops but fairly high plh. It's a really popular mold so it's easy to find used ones that will OP's role really well. I'd suggest P-PD but they discontinued it in that plastic unfortunately. So basically look for a S-PD without a high PLH and you're good to go.

I see what you did there. :clap:

S_PD_Freak_600px-480x480.jpg

I decided to revive this thread simply because I couldn't fond a Valk thread. So the question I have is: are the star Valks more stable than others? I have jeard that newer Valks are coming out more stable Is this true? TIA for any input

I've been working in a new 171 Star Valkyrie. It's pretty flat. Right now it's flying at 9|4|-1|2. I like to put a touch of anhyzer on it & it bombs. I pair it with a Glow Champion that I've had for a few years that's still pretty stable but not like the new Star. I still find it odd that we don't see the Valkyrie in any top pros ITB's. It's such a great mold.

I've been working in a new 171 Star Valkyrie. It's pretty flat. Right now it's flying at 9|4|-1|2. I like to put a touch of anhyzer on it & it bombs. I pair it with a Glow Champion that I've had for a few years that's still pretty stable but not like the new Star. I still find it odd that we don't see the Valkyrie in any top pros ITB's. It's such a great mold.

So, the stars are particularly beefy over the other plastics? I have an amazing F2 star and its nothing like my older champ (now lost) and if I work this bad boy on paired with a fresh one it'll cover a multitude of lines.

I decided to revive this thread simply because I couldn't fond a Valk thread. So the question I have is: are the star Valks more stable than others? I have jeard that newer Valks are coming out more stable Is this true? TIA for any input

So, the stars are particularly beefy over the other plastics? I have an amazing F2 star and its nothing like my older champ (now lost) and if I work this bad boy on paired with a fresh one it'll cover a multitude of lines.

There were some Star Valks that came out very flat and were very overstable relative to Valks in other plastics and amounts of dome. I happened to get one of those. IMHO it wasn't just the plastic but the way they molded up. I'm preferring my Champion Valks (both F2s) when I throw Valks on the range; they are not as beefy.

Last edited:
Speaking of understable speed 9 drivers, add the Infinite Discs SPHINX to the list. I'm really liking mine.