• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] Underworld

Underworld talk has been heavy in the Westside thread, but not a separate 'Underworld' only thread. Check there

I don't want to discredit your form nor do I know how much power you have. The disc is very usable and I have one in my back.

He could have a huge arm, as you acknowledge. As for me, I have yet to find a disc that is, out of the box, a hyzer release roller. Oh wait, first run blizzard teedevils. Never mind.

Hey guys, I really did kind of challenge these dudes to prerube me, so please cut them some slack for doing it.

Meanwhile, back at "The Ranch," Hoss and Little Joe were discussing the merits of the Underworld disc ...

When I threw the Underworld it was probably the flippiest thing I've ever thrown. Released it knife hyzer like 75% and it still flipped into a roller. And because of the dome it still wasn't that great for a roller lol it's a shame too, I really wanted to like that disc because the stamp is so bada$$. Oh well, my patriots are still very safe in the bag.

I would bet you are simply throwing it too hard. Swedish/Finnish plastic likes smooth over power.

He could have a huge arm, as you acknowledge. As for me, I have yet to find a disc that is, out of the box, a hyzer release roller. Oh wait, first run blizzard teedevils. Never mind.

Ok, I may have exaggerated a teeny bit :eek:. It didn't flip aaalll the way into a roller, but it definitely didn't flip flat for me haha. It would flip up and then all the way over. Maybe got 200' feet of distance of turn and burn. I can hyzer flip my patriots up and out to around 380' pretty consistently, so I just like to use those because they aren't as touchy for me.

Underworld is bad a** disc and fun to throw, once people learn how to throw it. As some person said earlier, Lat/W'side discs require a clean and smoother release...especially the understable ones.

Paging Mr Qikly

Hah!

Yeah, I'm an advocate: love the easy turn and massive glide. Makes it great for low-ceiling shots: you can take enough off the throw to not have to worry about throwing too high while still getting the disc to turn easily. Glide always keeps it going even at 5' off the ground. When you get the hyzer flip right, it's dead straight, and it even handles wind well relative to its understability and glide. Tournament is noticeably more US than the VIP - I wish I could get my hands on a notch-more-stable VIP than I've found, just to give me a straighter option, but that turn is a powerful weapon for an exclusively RHBH thrower such as myself.

I used to throw DX/Pro Leopards as US fairways but now the Underworlds have replaced them. My 167g VIP flies like a champ Leopard or like a beat River. It's really easy to throw straight laser beam hyzerflips with it. On the other hand, my 168g TP Underworld is just like my beat Pro Leopards with the crazy swedish glide and dependable turn. The distance potential is huge on these things.

I don't have a big arm by any means and I throw my Saints around 360' on low golf lines (not internet D). I'm positive that I can hyzerflip the Underworlds past 400' with a bit of field practise :)

I like the Underworld. I carry one in TP and VIP. I use the TP the most. It's a great disc on tight wooded courses, for low power shots, hyzer flip turnovers etc. I like it the most because I can throw it on a decent hyzer, and have it flip and turn all the way over and not come back.

Cool Underworld story. A couple weeks ago I was trying to help a noobie at our weekly club event. I was trying to explain to him that all of his foot work was counterproductive and hurting his throw. He was starting to understand and grasp the concept of me telling him to learn to throw decent from a standstill before going for any type of run up. So We get to a wide open 300' hole. I'm trying to illustrate some point for him, and proceed to throw my Underworld around 340' from a standstill.

Hey guys, I really did kind of challenge these dudes to prerube me, so please cut them some slack for doing it.

Meanwhile, back at "The Ranch," Hoss and Little Joe were discussing the merits of the Underworld disc ...

Word. All is well.

I've been throwing a light weight DX Leopard lately after picking it up for my daughter (and someone giving her another one) and I was debating buying 2 Pro Leopards to toss in my bag. I've also been debating the Underworld, which seems pretty similar and damn does it look cool :) If I'm happy w/how the DX Leopard is throwing for me, should I keep those 2 Pro Leopards in the shopping cart or pick up 1 Tourney Underworld? $9.95 vs $16.95, so I'm only getting 1 Underworld to start if I go that route.

Opinions?

Actually I did some reading in the 19 page Underworld thread mentioned previously and decided I will stick w/the Leopard plan for right now. The Underworld sounds like it is pretty sensitive and I need to work on my form more first. I'm buying a trio of X Comets in this next order so maybe an Underworld and a Tursas as a US Mid/Fairway combo in the next order after that :)

@SSquirrel: You might check the marketplace forum for underworlds (and comets) at lower than retail prices. While some are overpriced, most are a few $$$ less.

I'm ordering from Hyzer Farm on Ebay. Underworlds are 16.95, but X Comets are $9.95 and I can get a trio of them in the same weight. Same color too. I will keep the marketplace in mind when I do finally pick up an Underworld tho.

Latest posts