• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes but softs can be hard to come by because they don't produce them very often. I know discgolfcenter won't really carry them anymore. You may check out GGGT or Marshall Street.

I'm very happy to hear that Marshall Street will soon carry Vibram. A good place to look now is www.discgolfstation.com (Disc Golf Station). Grant is a great guy and I've gotten very good customer service from him.

Does the disc flight differ between the different disc stiffness?

I believe so, I've had an Ibex in soft, medium, and firm, the soft and the medium seemed to be the same stability if not the soft being more stable and more glide. The soft and the medium flew dead straight from a flat release and usually died out before they faded (I dont like to throw too high). The firm however if i throw it flat at full power it likes to drift to the right and continue the path before dying, again maybe a 20 ft max height off the ground, but it turn and burn. On a hyzer it flips up nicely, the medium and soft would hold the hyzer angle and ride it till the finish. Aside from the glide I love the Ibex, though it does help me knowing I usually wont go too far past the basket.

Here is what I have observed in my usage with Vibram discs... this may not be accurate..

I have found that FIRM Vibrams can actually be beat in to be less stable than they were when I got them.

I have found that MEDIUM Vibrams maintain their initial stability to a ridiculous degree.

I have found that SOFT Vibrams (Actually.. the only soft I have thrown has been a soft Summit) are less stable out of the box than their firm and medium counterparts.

Anyone agree, or am I smoking crack?

My Trak is the only one I have so far in X-Link and Soft. I notice no difference in stability. The only difference I see is distance. I can regularly get the Soft out 20 feet or more than the X-Link. The only time they are together is when I get a bad throw with the Soft...the only time. No idea why, that is just how they work for me.

I would like to try the Ibex and Ridge in soft based on what I have seen with my Traks ( have 3 now and they are all exactly the same:thmbup:) and Ascent softys.

Mr. Dodge,

I just looked at the Calendar and could not be more excited to see that you are on your way out to Colorado in June. I am so excited in fact that I decided to post a message here just to say that I was excited. I am looking forward to hanging out with you then. Ha! Hanging out with Mr Dodge. I smell a Disc Golf Reality Internet TV Show.

That would be the most super cool rad awesome freaking great show ever! I'd watch it - and ask my mom to record it on her VCR.

You should thank Kyle Maute of Phenix Disc Sports as he is the one that convinced me to come out and visit Colorado. I smell a Vibram Birdie Mini challenge, with the winner earning a spot on the Vibram Tester Team. See you in June!

Imma call Dodge's mom.

Sgt1.jpg

Note: This is NOT a picture of my mom! If you want to see my mom, then you should come watch the Vibram Open. She will probably be the one who shows you where to park your car! And I will tell her some good Vibram gossip to tell everyone as they come in the parking lot.

so all you vibram throwers, i have a question. i putt with a ESP FLX challenger right now, but am kinda interested a X-link soft chunk ridge. how would the switch be as far as flight goes? in your opinion, do these compare at all?

so all you vibram throwers, i have a question. i putt with a ESP FLX challenger right now, but am kinda interested a X-link soft chunk ridge. how would the switch be as far as flight goes? in your opinion, do these compare at all?
I can't comment on the Challenger but I can comment on the FLX. FLX is closer X-Link Medium than X-Link Soft. There's certainly nothing wrong with going for a Soft though.

Status
Not open for further replies.