• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be the most super cool rad awesome freaking great show ever! I'd watch it - and ask my mom to record it on her VCR.

You should thank Kyle Maute of Phenix Disc Sports as he is the one that convinced me to come out and visit Colorado. I smell a Vibram Birdie Mini challenge, with the winner earning a spot on the Vibram Tester Team. See you in June!

I might have to clear out my schedule more than I am for my trip to worlds for this. I'll bring my camera too and see if we can't get some footage for the TV show, HA! Kyle is a great guy and is really stepping up in the Colorado Disc Golf world right now.

For those of you who do not know, Kyle is the man behind Phenix Disc Golf, maker of the best quad straps out there and Pinnacle Retailer of Vibram. I feel lucky to be in the same state as this man.

is the ridge pretty stable? can it handle some power if drove?
It absolutely can hold some power. The VP is the give-it-all-you-got overstable putter and the Ridge is right down the middle in my opinion. Huck it for some slight turn over or throw it wing down as hard as you can for a flip uptp flat but not over. It really changed my game. I think my x-link Ridges fly just like S-Wizards but with less glide. They're amazing.

how about the summit? i cant seem to find a granite ridge in anything over 169, and i tend to use 173-75 to putt with. is the summit pretty understable? how about the v.p.? is it super overstable?

Last edited:
I would say so.... I hyzer flip my Summit quite a bit. Not to mention, once you put anny on it, it ****ing holds it. Wonderfully workable disc. I have a 174 that I putt with and a 165 (thanks Justin) that I drive with. The 165 glides noticeably longer.

Oh, they are both medium. I have a 173 soft summit that is definitely more understable.

how about the summit? i cant seem to find a granite ridge in anything over 169, and i tend to use 173-75 to putt with. is the summit pretty understable? how about the v.p.? is it super overstable?

I got this 174 X link Granite Ridge recently, so I know thier out there.
6873035763_5d760d9e63_m.jpg

Summit is understable, but not crazy flippy because it lacks big glide. VP is overstable, but there are other putters out there that will fade sooner, and harder.
what would you compare the summit to as far as other manufacturers go?
Innova XD

I got this 174 X link Granite Ridge recently, so I know thier out there.
6873035763_5d760d9e63_m.jpg

Summit is understable, but not crazy flippy because it lacks big glide. VP is overstable, but there are other putters out there that will fade sooner, and harder.

Innova XD
thanks for that info. the vibram putters just seem like a win win to me. a base plastic feel, in a super premium rubber. i think ill try a summit and a V.P., worst case is i like them both and the compliment each other well. but let me know if you wanna come off that ridge or any other granite goodies you may have :p

Its easy to transition between the VP/Ridge/Summit putters, they are all pretty much the same mold size and shape, with just a change in bead, so the feel is the same for each.
Much easier than adjusting between other over/stable/under combos, like say, a Rhyno and a Polecat, which have completely different rims.

I do think you should get both putters in the same stiffness (soft,regular, or firm) because I do notice the release point is different depending on stickiness, so it might be easier to get used to the differences in stability with the disc if you can release them both the same.

And "Stripes" is nfs guys, sorry. :(

i putt with FLX challengers right now, but they get slippery, and the ESP doesnt really offer a whole lot of durability. how do you think the switch to summits be?

i putt with FLX challengers right now, but they get slippery, and the ESP doesnt really offer a whole lot of durability. how do you think the switch to summits be?

In terms of durability, you will loose a Summit before you wear it out, they are very hard to damage.

As far as slickness, some have mentioned a greasiness with the firm rubber, but I have never experienced it with any formula.
I currently throw a Super Firm Ridge here in the rainforest, which is the stiffest rubber, in rain or snow, with mud on the course for most of the year, but I have not experienced any loss of grip at all, even when driving with it.

Also, I'm not a Challenger thrower, but in terms of numbers and flight characteristics, I think the Ridge is a closer match, unless you are looking for a less stable disc.

Status
Not open for further replies.