• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who would want to get rid of a ridge, is what it really comes down to. :)

the rubber dosent beat in like other plastics right? ive been told these pretty much hold their flight characteristics throughout their life span.

The only thing I have seen happen over time with the Vibrams is that the rubber tends to get a little polished. So when you first buy it you will notice that the rubber is not smooth like other plastics. Over time the grippiness of the rubber not being smooth fades to a more smooth feel. My brand new summit is also less understable than my old one. That being said, you will only notice the change if you happen to buy another one and the difference will be much smaller than most other discs.

Oh, I have beat mine in. Big time. Thing is straight straight straight like nobody's business.

So does anybody keep a sole and a ridge in the bag? I've rocked the vp/ridge/summit trio for a long time and just can't seem to find a spot for the sole.

Also, the soft trek is awesome. I wish softs weren't so rare.

So does anybody keep a sole and a ridge in the bag? I've rocked the vp/ridge/summit trio for a long time and just can't seem to find a spot for the sole.

I bought a Sole. It's a good putter, but I carry the same trio that you do. With the three of them in your bag, you have the putt/approach bases covered.

When I take the Sole, it's usually to wooded courses where it gets to be the star of the bag. Only the VP comes along with it.

ridge right?

The Ridge is my main putter. The one I've thrown since they released them has been used for hundreds of rounds. It still flies like my newish ones do. I have 7. The only one that's a touch different is my much lighter (162) one that's also the only one in X-Link Firm.

I like the Vibrams because they are dead, the VP and Ridge are exactly what I want in putt and approach discs.

The Sole came out only because people bitched about how glideless the Vibram putters were.

A Vibram for the lemmings.
images

I'm not a lemming.

I just don't see how Vibram has contracted this reputation of "no glide" discs. Sure, their glide is low in general... but I mean have you ever thrown a Wolf? There are less glidey discs out there.

Also, since when was being "glideless" a bad thing? I am far more accurate with less glidey discs. Been throwing my Ascent more and more because I TRUST where it is going to go. I don't have to worry about it gliding into oblivion like a River or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.