• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
^
ha...

it looks like any other generic "overstable mid" for some reason I doubt it will be very much...
I find the Ibex rather understable so my hopes are not high that the currently-named-Obex is going to be a disc you can put 90% power on without turning it over.

very much in the way of anything interesting. I'm sure it will be overstable enough to fill the slot for an all vibram bag, but I doubt it will be optimal. It looks like a wider winged roc, and i don't know what that will mean in terms of stability.

What kind of fade number would you give it dana? Give us some comparisons?

I'm sure Vibram can make a very overstable mid. They made the VP afterall. I'l like a X-Link Wasp or Sentinnel. That would make my day.

very much in the way of anything interesting. I'm sure it will be overstable enough to fill the slot for an all vibram bag, but I doubt it will be optimal. It looks like a wider winged roc, and i don't know what that will mean in terms of stability.

What kind of fade number would you give it dana? Give us some comparisons?

Interesting?

Not sure why you say it won't be optimal? I'm not following?

I got a handful of throws in today and it had good stability and distance. Even when I put some juice on it with an anny line, it wanted to fight out of it at the end of its flight, where the Ibex will hold that line. Once I get some more throws in, I will get a little more into it. Might not be for a few days as I'm running an event Saturday.

Loving these modified Ibexesses. Really nice stability to them. Probably similar to a champ roc or wasp/hornet in stability. I can throw it farther than the Ibex.
Good disc that has found a spot in the bag.

Loving these modified Ibexesses. Really nice stability to them. Probably similar to a champ roc or wasp/hornet in stability. I can throw it farther than the Ibex.
Good disc that has found a spot in the bag.

Ooo, a team Vibram member posting about the new discs! This has good news written all over it. I am looking forward to getting this disc in my bag before the busy tournament season starts. That is coming pretty quick Mr. Dodge! Ha!

Dana,
I got a 159gr Firm Accent that I just started tossing today, almost every time I would huk it the wind direction would shift on me and it would get caught and sail forever. Sometimes the result was nice, other times not so but I will get used to it and test it out under more optimal conditions than the 25-35mph headwind I had today at times. I do have a 144gr Med. Summit ordered and it's on it's way, I did ask the dealer and they have another 144gr Med Summit so I'm contemplating getting both of them because I just haven't seen any at that weight available.

I'm assuming you have an inside info on some of this, do you have any idea if these weights are gonna be more readily available in the near future?

Also, I don't have the patience to read all these reviews but another quick question I have is, do the Vibram Chunk Firms have any noticeable differences in grip/firmness/flight charateristics of the regular firms? I haven't been able to get my hands on one yet to feel/test but I do see them available online from a few different retailers. Like to hear your take on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.