• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I flattened a sole to simulate the broken in feel, plus I hate the dome, but this thing feels awesome now. Kinda like a broke in beadless yeti but a bit beefier. Haven't gotten to drive with it but compared to my other one on putts it gets to the basket faster. Same glide so far.

Obex performed very well for me in the wind this past weekend. Can't wait for a rubber Firebird/Pred type Vibram!

Obex performed very well for me in the wind this past weekend. Can't wait for a rubber Firebird/Pred type Vibram!

Glad you are on the Firebird/Predator from Vibram party train! I am not even going to take a guess as to the first time it was suggested in this thread, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was one of the first pages.

Haha, an overstable control driver is definitely a must for those of us living in the flat, windy Midwest. Although I do have one beefy, Banshee-esque 175g Ascent I've been loving on windy days.

New to the game (about a month and a half in) and I am giving Vibram a go...I ordered an X-Line Lace and can't wait to try it. I am looking for a driver that will work with my form (which still needs tweaks) and will work with my strength. Can't wait for it to arrive!

The Lace is a wonderful disc, but if your form is a little wonky, I'd really recommend looking into a Trak. It's fast and long for a fairway, has a similar type of flight to a Lace, is easy to control, and won't hide form flaws/exacerbate the problem like a high speed driver might.

That being said though, I am relatively noodle armed and have been known to catch of the OATs, but I love the Lace. It's the only driver over speed 10/11 that feels good in my hand and gives me good, natural flight path. And really, you can never go wrong picking up any Vibram disc! Enjoy the Lace!

The Lace is a wonderful disc, but if your form is a little wonky, I'd really recommend looking into a Trak. It's fast and long for a fairway, has a similar type of flight to a Lace, is easy to control, and won't hide form flaws/exacerbate the problem like a high speed driver might.

That being said though, I am relatively noodle armed and have been known to catch of the OATs, but I love the Lace. It's the only driver over speed 10/11 that feels good in my hand and gives me good, natural flight path. And really, you can never go wrong picking up any Vibram disc! Enjoy the Lace!

Agreed. Then again Bro and myself are probably the two biggest Vibram supporters on this site other than Steve Dodge and the guys who are on Team Vibram. The Lace is a great disc, but I have no idea how it will work for someone that is still learning things. It may end up being a disc for you to grow into. The Trak is one of the most amazing fairway discs every. And it still goes forever. I still think Vibram's strongest point is the putters. Take a look at the putters before you write Vibram off, if that is the direction you go. I highly doubt that will happen but I do know some people are not in love with Vibram (all the more for me, mu ha ha! j/k).

Agreed. Then again Bro and myself are probably the two biggest Vibram supporters on this site other than Steve Dodge and the guys who are on Team Vibram. The Lace is a great disc, but I have no idea how it will work for someone that is still learning things. It may end up being a disc for you to grow into. The Trak is one of the most amazing fairway discs every. And it still goes forever. I still think Vibram's strongest point is the putters. Take a look at the putters before you write Vibram off, if that is the direction you go. I highly doubt that will happen but I do know some people are not in love with Vibram (all the more for me, mu ha ha! j/k).

I agree about looking at their putters also. It seems to me that that is where people usually get turned on to Vibram.

^i tried the ibex/ascent/trak and didn't like them too much. recently tried the ridge and summit and love the heck out of them. not saying the other discs wern't good, but they did not offer anything to me that i didn't have covered. Thier putters are great and should maybe the first place to start when trying vibram.

there is a birdie bash coming here soon. I think i am gonna go ridge and obex.

Now you've got me thinking that's what we can expect next! Awesome!

I'm totally with Kutz and Dana on this one!! If it's the next disc out from Vibram I'm going to be doing a happy dance for weeks!

^i tried the ibex/ascent/trak and didn't like them too much. recently tried the ridge and summit and love the heck out of them. not saying the other discs wern't good, but they did not offer anything to me that i didn't have covered. Thier putters are great and should maybe the first place to start when trying vibram...
I'd agree with that. I loved the Ridge and VP. I really didn't like the Ascent or Trak at all. Then I loved the Sole as well as the Obex. Then again, I'm not a big fairway driver guy.

I still throw nothing but X-Link on wooded holes.:clap:

^i tried the ibex/ascent/trak and didn't like them too much. recently tried the ridge and summit and love the heck out of them. not saying the other discs wern't good, but they did not offer anything to me that i didn't have covered. Thier putters are great and should maybe the first place to start when trying vibram.

there is a birdie bash coming here soon. I think i am gonna go ridge and obex.

vp and obex is where it's at for the birdie bash. i've been using the ridge instead of the wizard lately and like it better because the grip is a touch more shallow, feels more comfortable in the hands. i'm gonna throw the vp over the ridge though in the birdie bash because the course i'm hosting it at is mainly hyzer shots and when i need something that finishes right i can toss either on a forehand. the obex is becoming one of my favorite discs, you can work a ton of lines with it.

Honestly, my buddy who DGs in Mass told me about the Vibrams and how durable and awesome his were, then I saw the factory tour video on youtube and it totally sucked me in and gave me a completely new appreciation for how these discs come to be. I'll definitely take your suggestions on the Trak!!

Honestly, my buddy who DGs in Mass told me about the Vibrams and how durable and awesome his were, then I saw the factory tour video on youtube and it totally sucked me in and gave me a completely new appreciation for how these discs come to be. I'll definitely take your suggestions on the Trak!!

Make sure to see if you can feel a few different Traks and look at them before you buy. In my experience, if the Trak is flat, it is slightly understable, but if it has some dome to it, it flies very much like a Teebird.

I started off with the Ibex about 2 years ago, then moved on to the Trak and Summit. Now I only carry Vibram and love the damn things. They fly consistently and can take a serious beating ... and I hit just about every tree on every course I play because I'm that good damn-it! I walk around doing this all day :doh:

In fact I'm waiting for an order to land on my doorstep in the next couple of days, so thanks go out to Justin!

Hearing all these Vibram stories reminds me of the good ole days.

I bought a VP because I had heard some great things about Vibram. A few month later I got a Summit, Ridge and a first run Ascent. I got a modified Ascent (the first attempt at the Trak) for winning an online contest. Then picked up an Ibex and Sole shortly after they came out. The Sole was disappointing after going through putter testing that off season. The Summit won the competition and so I went out and bought another Summit along with my first Trak. This past year I picked up the Obex in the Spring and The Lace on Black friday. Really the only Vibram disc not in my bag is the Sole. I have also begun picking up backups. I think that is pretty much my Vibram story. I can't wait for the Firebird/Predator from Vibram coming out next. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.