• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been trying out the Ibex in cold, wet, nasty weather this last week, and X-Link has great grip in these conditions. I think they will become my default winter discs in the future.

I was shown yet again exactly why I love my Ibexes today. We had sustained 20-25mph winds here in the Black Hills today, and on numerous throws, I would throw the Ibexes with a substantial crosswind and watch it drop the wing just enough to hold dead straight (yeah, dead freaking straight in a 25mph crosswind) before holding the line into a stall for a drop directly down with no fade and minimal skip. Had this amazing shot occur on both a 270' throw and a 340' throw. Gotta say, the Ibex is the only disc I know of that will hold that true of a line in a crosswind.

I recently bought the ibex thinking it would be like a buzz. The thing flips on me way too easy, Definitely not like a buzz. Good for hyzer flipping tunnel shots but not what I wanted. How does the obex fly?

I recently bought the ibex thinking it would be like a buzz. The thing flips on me way too easy, Definitely not like a buzz. Good for hyzer flipping tunne shots but not what I wanted. How does the obex fly?

I have not had any issues with any of the ibexes I have thrown flipping over on me and I am throwing throwing them 350+' comsistently. They don't like OAT much so maybe you're torquing them a bit. In my experience, the ibex has an overall straighter flight than the buzzz does.

I recently bought the ibex thinking it would be like a buzz. The thing flips on me way too easy, Definitely not like a buzz. Good for hyzer flipping tunnel shots but not what I wanted. How does the obex fly?

The obex flies kind of similar to a wasp. it has a touch of high speed turn with a nice, steady, reliable fade.

What weights would y'all recommend on an obex? Is it a good hyzer disc?

Never thrown a wasp but I'm interested in this class of discs.

I personally like my mids near max weight. I like using it for shots that go out straight and need a steady fade at the end of the flight. I have found that it fights winds very well, and it is good for hyzers. like claimed, it has good glide for an overstable mid range.

I personally like my mids near max weight. I like using it for shots that go out straight and need a steady fade at the end of the flight. I have found that it fights winds very well, and it is good for hyzers. like claimed, it has good glide for an overstable mid range.

My main mid right now is a 166 Z Buzzz, but most other stuff I throw is 175 or pretty close to there. Probably going to replace my 177 Roc (R-Pro plastic, serviceable but I'd like an upgrade) with an Ibex. How bout softness? Medium or Firm?

My main mid right now is a 166 Z Buzzz, but most other stuff I throw is 175 or pretty close to there. Probably going to replace my 177 Roc (R-Pro plastic, serviceable but I'd like an upgrade) with an Ibex. How bout softness? Medium or Firm?

The firm will beat in slightly quicker as well as skip a bit more. Medium has slightly more grip and durability. I personally prefer medium for all weather situations. If it gets really cold, I like some in the soft blend as they are even less prone to skips. If you just get one, I would say go for a medium.

If you are interested in getting a couple Vibram discs, go to communitydiscs.com. Justin is running a sale for the month of February on "Fugly" Vibram discs (buy two get one free). He has amazing prices and unsurpassed customer service. If you do go there, just make sure to click on the "Fugly Vibrams" link on the home page to be taken to the discs that are on sale.

I think Boise is getting a Birdie Bash (Thanks to DiscVoog) at the end of March. I have never thrown any Vibram disc, but I am very excited to participate. You can not beat $25 for 2 discs and a shirt. If anything else I can probably sell/trade on here for somethin I'd throw. Hoping to get a VP out of it, cause I've heard amazing things about that disc but haven't felt the need to spend ~$17 on a disc I may not like/use more than a few times.

I sense that there are a lot of Vibram skeptics out there right now.

Vibram makes discs that are generally more consistent in the wind than any other manufacturer.
The VP is more overstable, but will act more like a Ridge with OAT.
The Ridge acts like a Summit with OAT.
The Ibex flies ridiculously straight, unless you put OAT on it, or throw it into a stiff headwind.
Even my Obex will flip when you throw it into a headwind, which is why I am waiting for the Mobex.
That and the Mofwy.

Is there talk on a new vibram mid?....not that the ibex and obex arent sufficient. If they did it would be cool to have a vibram meteor or fuse like disc... something that can hold an anny forever or turn over when thrown straight.

I sense that there are a lot of Vibram skeptics out there right now.

Vibram makes discs that are generally more consistent in the wind than any other manufacturer.
The VP is more overstable, but will act more like a Ridge with OAT.
The Ridge acts like a Summit with OAT.
The Ibex flies ridiculously straight, unless you put OAT on it, or throw it into a stiff headwind.
Even my Obex will flip when you throw it into a headwind, which is why I am waiting for the Mobex.
That and the Mofwy.

I am no skeptic, I'm in the transition to a much as I can vibram bag. The lace won the max D spot, the accent and track are flawless.... But the ibex didn't take the buzz out. My TI buzz is just too money, but I really wish it had the grip of a vibram. Any as for as putters go, Wizards can not be beat, only matched. Loving the vibram though!

I think Boise is getting a Birdie Bash (Thanks to DiscVoog) at the end of March. I have never thrown any Vibram disc, but I am very excited to participate. You can not beat $25 for 2 discs and a shirt. If anything else I can probably sell/trade on here for somethin I'd throw. Hoping to get a VP out of it, cause I've heard amazing things about that disc but haven't felt the need to spend ~$17 on a disc I may not like/use more than a few times.

For the Birdie Bash, you get to pick the discs you want. Any putter, and any mid/driver.

Is there talk on a new vibram mid?....not that the ibex and obex arent sufficient. If they did it would be cool to have a vibram meteor or fuse like disc... something that can hold an anny forever or turn over when thrown straight.

As Steve said earlier on this thread, Vibram is going to put out 2 more mids in the future: a Ubex (understable Ibex) and Mobex (massively overstable Obex).

The firm will beat in slightly quicker as well as skip a bit more. Medium has slightly more grip and durability. I personally prefer medium for all weather situations. If it gets really cold, I like some in the soft blend as they are even less prone to skips. If you just get one, I would say go for a medium.

If you are interested in getting a couple Vibram discs, go to communitydiscs.com. Justin is running a sale for the month of February on "Fugly" Vibram discs (buy two get one free). He has amazing prices and unsurpassed customer service. If you do go there, just make sure to click on the "Fugly Vibrams" link on the home page to be taken to the discs that are on sale.

I'm in Texas, so weather isn't much of an issue. We're in the middle of February and it's mostly in the 60's and 70's right now with a light breeze.

I'm still a little undecided on firmness and weight. I'm expecting a 171 M Ridge, and a 178 M Obex, so I'll see how that goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.