• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, Finally got out with my Lace this week and it was freaking cold outside! The rubber really helped with my grip but I still need to tweak my form with distance drivers. I decided to pick up a Vibram Ibex and first of all, it is absolutely beautiful. Mostly blue with red and grey tied in. I have a question though, where the Ibex and Vibram stamps are, there are lumps right underneath the disc on the other side. I attached a pic, but I was just curious..are they all like this or did I get a weird one?

Any help would be appreciated!

Attachments

• VibramIbex.jpg
    VibramIbex.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 50
they're all like that. the ridge, vp, and summit also have them in the middle underneath the vibram logo. i'd guess they need it to keep it from ripping out of the disc since there is a groove all the way around the logo.

they're all like that. the ridge, vp, and summit also have them in the middle underneath the vibram logo. i'd guess they need it to keep it from ripping out of the disc since there is a groove all the way around the logo.

Okay cool! Just making sure it was that way across the line. Thanks for the answer!

Okay cool! Just making sure it was that way across the line. Thanks for the answer!

Yeah, the Lace has a wide enough rim that it is not in need of the extra material underneath. I find that this extra material can actually be user to help my grip. I especially like the origional putter for turbo putting because you can get a bit of an extra grip from the extra material in the middle.

Tried another Ibex in X-Link medium yesterday - what a disc! They really fly like a fairway driver for me, great glide, straight. Love the grippiness of the rubber on a crisp winter day. This is gonna be my money disc.

Tried another Ibex in X-Link medium yesterday - what a disc! They really fly like a fairway driver for me, great glide, straight. Love the grippiness of the rubber on a crisp winter day. This is gonna be my money disc.

I really do like the Ibex. I have found it is really great for putting it on a line and just watching it stay there the whole time.

The Ibex is amazing. I carry 3 in my bag: one '12 VO that is slightly overstable, one M that is stable to understable, and one soft to stick quick greens. They are amazing and I think you will continue to be amazed by what it can do in the rounds to come.

The Ibex is amazing. I carry 3 in my bag: one '12 VO that is slightly overstable, one M that is stable to understable, and one soft to stick quick greens. They are amazing and I think you will continue to be amazed by what it can do in the rounds to come.

I have been using a Buzzz as my dead straight mid range lately. Bought an Ibex about a month ago and was not too excited about it at first. Lost the Buzzz yesterday and had to use the Ibex. Man, I have been missing out. Flies super straight and as far as I need it. It has definitely secured its place and I will not being buying a Buzzz to replace the wet one. Want to try a medium soon (I have a firm) but the wife said I have bought too many discs lately. One day though.

I have been using a Buzzz as my dead straight mid range lately. Bought an Ibex about a month ago and was not too excited about it at first. Lost the Buzzz yesterday and had to use the Ibex. Man, I have been missing out. Flies super straight and as far as I need it. It has definitely secured its place and I will not being buying a Buzzz to replace the wet one. Want to try a medium soon (I have a firm) but the wife said I have bought too many discs lately. One day though.

I've tried the firm and the medium, and they've been equally awesome. Tuck a buck away a day and get you one on the sly :)

Threw the Ridge and VP yesterday at Bethel College and was impressed with them for putting as well as upshots-- did not notice a significant difference in stability and actually surprised the VP was not as OS as expected. Neither seem to be very fast discs but have good HSS just don't seem to go as far as the pure/anodes I previously threw. Not sure if they will make the bag but my buddy just LOVES them and I can see why. Unique putters IMO and fly very soft. So far, I have never been let down in trying out a Vibram disc!

Just bought two purdy Virbams off the eBay machine. May paid a little more than I'd like, but they are cool looking. Will post pics when they come in. One Summit and one V.P.

Status
Not open for further replies.