• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does the VP compare to other overstable putters, like the Pig/Sinus/Zone?

I mean the flight path, not how it feels in the hand.

I did look on the Inflight guide, and it was a little less stable for them. But I want to read what other people have to say.

is there any easy way to distinguish the overstable ascents aside from a higher plh? didn't know if they were in a certain weight range, some kind of anomaly like the oldschool starlight destroyers and bosses that innova had a few years ago.

i wouldn't mind picking a few up.

My overstable Ascents are 175 and 174 g and seem to have a little more dome than my other two. Other than that, they're pretty darn similar, even in PLH. I can't visually confirm it, more of a feel thing, but the lip on the wing of the OS seems to be a bit more pronounced.

Last edited:

I did look on the Inflight guide, and it was a little less stable for them. But I want to read what other people have to say.

VP is right around Zone/Pig overstability, I don't have enough experience with those two to really give you an in depth analysis. But the VP is plenty overstable.

Last edited:
It is not significant, but my 172g is more stable at high speed than my 167g.

I agree. When I bought some Laces, I got 3 weights, 161, 167, 173. The 167 is the primary driver in my bag. I use the 173 if I'm dealing with headwind or want a little more of a fade at the end. The 161 is more for uphill shots or downwind shots.

Yes! This is great news! I do hope an OS fairway or high speed driver is next on the agenda. Can you give us an estimate on a release date for the next disc?

There are some of us that would like to be able to say we only throw Vibram.

There are some of us who do only throw Vibram....

:thmbup:

Ya beat me to it!

But I'll give you one of these :hfive: since it seems we are in a select group.

:hfive:Right back at you!

Although I do have to say that I understand players with bigger arms needing a massively overstable fairway or more overstable distance driver. However, my max weight Ascents get the job done for my noodle arm, except in really stiff headwinds (so I will definitely add the MOSFW to my bag). And I love understable discs, so I'll add anything US that comes out.

We will be making a couple new materials, a Vibram bag, apparel, water bottles, patches, stickers, towels, OS and US versions of the Lace, a MOBEX and a UBEX, and investigating a MOFWY and perhaps making an understable putter that does not turn quite as much as the Summit. Maybe even a basket?

Now we've just got to figure out the order.

Lame. Make a lid instead. :|

So since I'm a recent Vibram convert-in-progress, and am in LOVE with the ascent and ibex, can anyone clue me into what the heck a MOWFY is, and why the -bex suffix fascination for an upcoming UBEX and the other one? Just curious!

So since I'm a recent Vibram convert-in-progress, and am in LOVE with the ascent and ibex, can anyone clue me into what the heck a MOWFY is, and why the -bex suffix fascination for an upcoming UBEX and the other one? Just curious!

MOFWY = Massively Overstable FairWaY driver

The "-bex" suffix comes from the way in which they named the "Overstable Ibex" the Obex. So, it makes sense that an understable Ibex will be called the "Ubex." This is purely speculation, however, as for the naming of Vibram's future understable midrange disc, as they have not formally announced it yet.

Welcome to the obsession! Try some Vibram putters... They are scary amazing.

Tony, have you tried the Sole yet? I've got a spare laying around if you want to.

Tony, have you tried the Sole yet? I've got a spare laying around if you want to.

Dude, when did you turn into a hot girl?

I have a sole, and actually am unimpressed...because I can't get the dang thing to drop! Mega-glide, and actually pretty stable. Very interesting utility purposes, but it's too tall for my tiny hands to do much with in terms of putting. And I'm already set on wizards for driving. Just picked it up to see how it could compete with my SSS warlocks, and they win for now.

a beefy wizard is how i would describe it...not quite as long as a zone. i think the zone is more of a midrange. that thing is long and very overstable esp at slow speeds.....

i threw the vps from day one but ended up getting more travel with other discs...but i need the overstable slot to do both mid and putter duty.

a beefy wizard is how i would describe it...not quite as long as a zone. i think the zone is more of a midrange. that thing is long and very overstable esp at slow speeds.....

i threw the vps from day one but ended up getting more travel with other discs...but i need the overstable slot to do both mid and putter duty.

I think this is pretty close; although for me, it flies like a champ Rhyno that sticks to the ground; little to no glide, slow-beefy, and a good chip shot disc.

Status
Not open for further replies.