• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Overall, I think Vibram did an amazing job molding these up so that they are light enough to provide effortless distance while maintaining a good deal of the stability of the full weight versions.

This is what I have come to expect from Vibram. I am moving to lower weights thanks to Vibram doing this and I am loving the results so far.

Overall, I think Vibram did an amazing job molding these up so that they are light enough to provide effortless distance while maintaining a good deal of the stability of the full weight versions.

Are you speaking specifically towards the lace? I have a 158 M ascent that is very flippy especially compared to my 171-174 ascents, but have yet to try the lace.

Are you speaking specifically towards the lace? I have a 158 M ascent that is very flippy especially compared to my 171-174 ascents, but have yet to try the lace.

I was speaking towards the Lace, yes. I have not thrown any of Vibram's other molds in the uber light weights yet. I typically like to have a very light version of my main distance driver for those days when it is completely calm or there is a subtle tailwind to completely rip the mess out of the disc.

I have a 153M Ibex for upshots and a 155M Summit for the same purpose. Both have very similar flight paths to heavier discs of the same mold. Some of the courses I play have extremely steep slopes.

Of course I'm not strong arming them like would be expected from a tee shot. I'm looking forward to trying out a lightweight Lace though.

I cannot remember exactly when Vibram started to make lightweight discs but I have a sneaking suspicion that consistency in this regard was not a major concern until they started making the 150 class stuff. I would guess that by chance the putter stayed consistent while the Ascent did not for some reason. This is purely a guess.

What could a rubber-arm who maxes out at 300 expect from a lightweight 15x Lace?

I've heard they are not super over-stable meathooks.

Just curious ....

What could a rubber-arm who maxes out at 300 expect from a lightweight 15x Lace?

I've heard they are not super over-stable meathooks.

Just curious ....
I would think you might see a little distance gain, but I don't think you could get it up to speed at 300ft of power. Even at 15xg, its still a big D driver.

I would think you might see a little distance gain, but I don't think you could get it up to speed at 300ft of power. Even at 15xg, its still a big D driver.

yeah exactly-- its like stable Z nuke or Surge IMO has some turn but still fades and goesssss... Pro (domey) destoryers, even Sword/Havoc-ish

That's what I was thinking - I've gotten pretty realistic about what I can do with this kind of disc, i.e. BUPKIS :D

The Lace is the easiest distance driver to get up to speed. It holds a line better than any distance driver. Even if you do not think you can throw a Max D driver, try the Lace, you will be surprised.

Fun Vibram Story-

I was at an Ice Bowl on Saturday helping out, after the player mtg a friend came up and asked if I had any putters cause he left his (Wizards) at home in the practice basket or something. I lent him a M Ridge and he went on to win his division (ADV)!

The Lace is the easiest distance driver to get up to speed. It holds a line better than any distance driver. Even if you do not think you can throw a Max D driver, try the Lace, you will be surprised.

I agree. My wife is having the best drives of her life with a light Lace. Her fastest disc before that was a Teebird. She can get the Lace out to about 250 feet, and has hit 300 numerous times. She releases with a little anny and gets a real nice s-curve out of it.

I have a full man-crush on the Lace right now. It's such a versatile disc IMO. Powers up for big bombing hyzers and annys, and powers down great if you need to carve lines or need OS shots that just hit the ground and stick.

I'm contemplating getting a max weight Lace to compliment my 170 because I'd like to get just a little more fade at the end of it's flight. Can anyone speak to a heavier weight being more overstable?

That's what I was thinking - I've gotten pretty realistic about what I can do with this kind of disc, i.e. BUPKIS :D

I use mine FH more often than BH, give it a try. Not saying it slacks on a BH drive or anything. That may be due to the courses I play, less open air it out type of holes, but the Lace is incredibly predictable for me with a FH shot.

I have a full man-crush on the Lace right now. It's such a versatile disc IMO. Powers up for big bombing hyzers and annys, and powers down great if you need to carve lines or need OS shots that just hit the ground and stick.

I'm contemplating getting a max weight Lace to compliment my 170 because I'd like to get just a little more fade at the end of it's flight. Can anyone speak to a heavier weight being more overstable?

It is not significant, but my 172g is more stable at high speed than my 167g.

What's next in the vibram line up?

This has been gone over many times before, please lets not get into this again untill something is confirmed :thmbup:.

On another note, i wonder if there is anyone as pedantic as myself... Not only do i give my new vibram rubber a wash but i also peel off the excess flash from the rim with a knife and sandpaper it a bit :D.

This has been gone over many times before, please lets not get into this again untill something is confirmed :thmbup:.

On another note, i wonder if there is anyone as pedantic as myself... Not only do i give my new vibram rubber a wash but i also peel off the excess flash from the rim with a knife and sandpaper it a bit :D.

I used to wash my Vibrams until I realized... Dirty Vibrams are super grippy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts