• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uhhhhhhhh, that doesn't..... nevermind. :| I'll let you keep doing what you're doing...

Eh what can I say?:) Had to give it a shot too! It would be so legendary getting that Vibram tester spot! Plus I can't wait to get some more rubber in my bag. It's just about completely rubberized!

Eh what can I say?:) Had to give it a shot too! It would be so legendary getting that Vibram tester spot! Plus I can't wait to get some more rubber in my bag. It's just about completely rubberized!

If you're in the Twin Cities you don't really need to be a tester to throw any of the new molds that come out. There's like 4/5 testers.

^ Then they need one in California. Something about being at sea level....going to need feedback from all altitudes, climates, and topography.

:D

If you're in the Twin Cities you don't really need to be a tester to throw any of the new molds that come out. There's like 4/5 testers.

4-5 testers is not a lot...? I would guess at least 2-3 of them all know each other fairly closely and I have never run into anyone "testing" vibrams out on our courses so have started buying them myself to test. We have a ton of courses here you know this, as well as players and to think 4-5 people testing a disc is a good sample size for our area seems a bit ridiculous. I would think being one of the most versitile areas to play from open, wooded, hot, cold, hilly, flat we have it covered in MN so it would make sense to have lots of testers where conditions arise fully testing the mold.

4-5 testers is not a lot...? I would guess at least 2-3 of them all know each other fairly closely and I have never run into anyone "testing" vibrams out on our courses so have started buying them myself to test. We have a ton of courses here you know this, as well as players and to think 4-5 people testing a disc is a good sample size for our area seems a bit ridiculous. I would think being one of the most versitile areas to play from open, wooded, hot, cold, hilly, flat we have it covered in MN so it would make sense to have lots of testers where conditions arise fully testing the mold.

Not all of them know each other. It's not too hard to find them with the magical wasteland called Facebooks. We have a Twin Cities Disc Golf group that they're all a part of. And maybe you should play more east(better) side courses.

Not all of them know each other. It's not too hard to find them with the magical wasteland called Facebooks. We have a Twin Cities Disc Golf group that they're all a part of. And maybe you should play more east(better) side courses.

lol...You made my point. We DO play all the "better" courses from oakwood, Lakewood, the Valley, Kaposia as well as all the seasonal greats and St. Cloud to Maiden Shade but still don't see many vibram discs. I am not out seeking these testers so I can try their discs, its a matter of how many fish are in the sea and exposure of a brand which also is a key job of a tester I would think.. Your average player is not going to go out of their way to find a tester, contact them, get in the group and hope to get to try the disc if they tag along?! come on mannnnnnn.

I do know one guy but just because you know a tester doesn't mean you actually have the tester discs as your own. Big difference! It would just be cool to actually be apart of the testing process.

lol...You made my point. We DO play all the "better" courses from oakwood, Lakewood, the Valley, Kaposia as well as all the seasonal greats and St. Cloud to Maiden Shade but still don't see many vibram discs. I am not out seeking these testers so I can try their discs, its a matter of how many fish are in the sea and exposure of a brand which also is a key job of a tester I would think.. Your average player is not going to go out of their way to find a tester, contact them, get in the group and hope to get to try the disc if they tag along?! come on mannnnnnn.

These guys are playing almost daily, and are some of the nicest people I know. If you wanted to tag along with them I wouldn't have a doubt that they'd let you throw any tester disc they have. Chances are you're not going to just run into them on a course, especially if you don't know who they are. You have to put some kind of effort into it. I kind of feel like there are TOO MANY Vibram testers here in the twin cities, and there will be at least one more after the Birdie Bash. You actually have to put in some work if you want things to happen, they won't just fall into your lap.

i'd consider 4-5 testers in one general area to be a fairly large number. how many other manufacturers send out a bunch of test discs to sample and gain feedback from before they hit market? not too many. most of that is done in house by employees or sponsored pros.

i'd consider 4-5 testers in one general area to be a fairly large number. how many other manufacturers send out a bunch of test discs to sample and gain feedback from before they hit market? not too many. most of that is done in house by employees or sponsored pros.

I would have to agree with you. The wide variety of testing that Vibram does in a variety of climates and with a variety of skill levels reveals how dedicated they truly are to producing a consistent, quality product.

Oh, I got my first Vibram disc with "bonus material" yesterday lol.

Got my first Vibram in two days ago..the Lace. Odd, but I can't stop gripping it lol. I like the rubber and I can't wait to get out and throw it. I've bought a few drivers since starting out a month ago (valkyrie, stalker, rampage to try different brands) and this one just feels great in my hand. I think my next Vibram will be a putter...any recommendations? I'm still learning the game and putting especially from 20ft and beyond from the chains.

Got my first Vibram in two days ago..the Lace. Odd, but I can't stop gripping it lol. I like the rubber and I can't wait to get out and throw it. I've bought a few drivers since starting out a month ago (valkyrie, stalker, rampage to try different brands) and this one just feels great in my hand. I think my next Vibram will be a putter...any recommendations? I'm still learning the game and putting especially from 20ft and beyond from the chains.

Kknow exactly what you mean... when I got the lace for Xmas I just kept holding it wanting to throw it over and over it just feels nice! Have 3 putters on the way and the vibram line-up is pretty solid when it comes to putters so really you should check out a few and see what works best with your game! Scroll back a few posts to see a lot about the putters and go to http://communitydiscs.com/fugly/ for super sale buy 2 get 1 free.

I do know one guy but just because you know a tester doesn't mean you actually have the tester discs as your own. Big difference! It would just be cool to actually be apart of the testing process.

You and I are almost in the same area. If and when the next proto heads my way, I will try to hook you up with a throwing session.

So I got the chance to give my 159g Lace a try alongside my 169 and 174g Laces as well as alongside a 160g ESP Nuke today. When released flat, the 159 Lace would fly on an extremely tight line with only a touch more turn than the 169 and 174g Laces. It held a much MUCH tighter line than the ESP Nuke and flew as far or further than it. Overall, I think Vibram did an amazing job molding these up so that they are light enough to provide effortless distance while maintaining a good deal of the stability of the full weight versions.

*For reference, I throw Nukes and Laces about 430' on average, and max them out between 450' and 460'*

Status
Not open for further replies.