• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont give them any regular cleaning thou, either than just wiping what i can with a towel. Hitting pines and sentinel trees does give them a nice sticky coating with pitch.
Meaby its just the natures way to help you to grip :)

I guessed massively overstable fairway driver as well. Any idea when the contest ends so we can find out? Also, how are you deciding which of the people that guessed correctly gets the spot as a tester? Or is it anyone that guessed correctly gets a spot (which would be way cool, btw)?

Our social media guy will announce when the contest is nearing completion - I think he is going to base this on when the guesses slow down, no hard date. Then, from the correct guesses, he will choose our newest tester.

i'd consider 4-5 testers in one general area to be a fairly large number. how many other manufacturers send out a bunch of test discs to sample and gain feedback from before they hit market? not too many. most of that is done in house by employees or sponsored pros.

I hope it is obvious that we test internally and with our pro team as well as the tester team.

I cannot remember exactly when Vibram started to make lightweight discs but I have a sneaking suspicion that consistency in this regard was not a major concern until they started making the 150 class stuff. I would guess that by chance the putter stayed consistent while the Ascent did not for some reason. This is purely a guess.

The Ascent is our least consistent disc. There is something funky about that mold. I look forward to tackling that issue someday.

Our social media guy will announce when the contest is nearing completion - I think he is going to base this on when the guesses slow down, no hard date. Then, from the correct guesses, he will choose our newest tester.

Thanks for the update! Love the things that Vibram Disc Golf is doing and where you're leading it, Steven!

Fun Vibram Story-

I was at an Ice Bowl on Saturday helping out, after the player mtg a friend came up and asked if I had any putters cause he left his (Wizards) at home in the practice basket or something. I lent him a M Ridge and he went on to win his division (ADV)!

Nice. Did Vibram putters win ADV and PRO divisions? :clap:

What's next in the vibram line up?

We will be making a couple new materials, a Vibram bag, apparel, water bottles, patches, stickers, towels, OS and US versions of the Lace, a MOBEX and a UBEX, and investigating a MOFWY and perhaps making an understable putter that does not turn quite as much as the Summit. Maybe even a basket?

Now we've just got to figure out the order.

We will be making a couple new materials, a Vibram bag, apparel, water bottles, patches, stickers, towels, OS and US versions of the Lace, a MOBEX and a UBEX, and investigating a MOFWY and perhaps making an understable putter that does not turn quite as much as the Summit. Maybe even a basket?

Backpack bag or shoulder bag?! Awesomeness will continue to ensue with Vibram it sounds like. I'm looking forward to trying more. I just wish you had more discs that look like they came from outerspace :D

I hope it is obvious that we test internally and with our pro team as well as the tester team.

Yeah, I definitely think it's understood that you don't rely strictly on the tester team. Somebody was complaining about the lack of testers in the Twin Cities area when there are somewhere in the 4-5 area.

I have never thrown any Vibram disc's, Is the Obex kinda like a Roc? Was thinking about giving it a try.

It is extremely similar to a Roc. My Obex flies like a fresh DX Roc, maybe just a hair faster. Go to the inbounds online flight chart and you can see just how similar they are.

The Ascent is our least consistent disc. There is something funky about that mold. I look forward to tackling that issue someday.

I actually sort of like this. I have four Ascents: two fly like you'd expect them too and the other two fly almost identical to Banshees, which I absolutely love and I get a lot of use out of both flight paths. However, I do like the fact that I can grab any VP, Ridge, Summit, Ibex, Obex, or Trak out of my back up bag or off the shelf and I am going to consistently get the flight charecteristics I'm expecting. (I'm sure the Sole is just as consistent but I don't throw them anymore)

is there any easy way to distinguish the overstable ascents aside from a higher plh? didn't know if they were in a certain weight range, some kind of anomaly like the oldschool starlight destroyers and bosses that innova had a few years ago.

i wouldn't mind picking a few up.

Overstable first please!! Mr. Dodge, this post is like music to my ears. Its like my birthday and Christmas all in one. A bag? SWEET. OS & US Lace? SWEET. Mobex and Ubex? SWEET. Another putter that is between Ridge and Summit in stability? SAWEET. Too much rubber goodness!! Legendary.

Yes! This is great news! I do hope an OS fairway or high speed driver is next on the agenda. Can you give us an estimate on a release date for the next disc?

There are some of us that would like to be able to say we only throw Vibram.

is there any easy way to distinguish the overstable ascents aside from a higher plh? didn't know if they were in a certain weight range, some kind of anomaly like the oldschool starlight destroyers and bosses that innova had a few years ago.

i wouldn't mind picking a few up.

I wish there was something that made the more OS ones apparent but I have not heard of or figured it out myself. My Ascent flips more than I would like it to and I really cannot crank on it, making it good for easy approach forehands only. Thus the reason the MOFWY is is on the list from Mr. Dodge.

Status
Not open for further replies.