• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to Brodysseus, I finally got my hands on some medium Vibrams. They feel much better than my firm Ibex and Summit. Can't wait to try the Ridge and Sole. Looking forward to it.

Just threw a vp and ridge for the 1st time today. Great for driving still have to learn them. Ridge is a different putter. Thrown hard it holds hyzer, anhyzer, or dead straight with a fade. Vp is definitely the most over stable putter I've ever thrown

JVp is definitely the most over stable putter I've ever thrown

How'd it drive? I've been trying to figure out which putter to choose for the Vibram Birdie Bash, and have been contemplating the VP. I'd love to find a more OS complement to my Voodoo.

VP and ridge are both good driving putters from 250' and under.. over that they are pretty hard to get past 300 on a flat line when brand new and both will fade when thrown flat but the VP handles wind and fights anhyzer releases a little more where the ridge tends to hold the lines. Not the fastest discs though and both beaded. VP is not super over-stable IMO more like ION, champ aviars but less distance.

they are very HSS not super over stable flying if that makes sense...

Last edited:
I wish Vibram would just announce if their next disc will be the pred/firebird/xxx style disc. My poor old Tsunami needs a break soon and I'd really like to buy a Vibram disc for that slot, but if they don't at least let me know it's coming soon, I'm gonna have to pick up one of the other three instead. :(

VP and ridge are both good driving putters from 250' and under.. over that they are pretty hard to get past 300 on a flat line when brand new and both will fade when thrown flat but the VP handles wind and fights anhyzer releases a little more where the ridge tends to hold the lines. Not the fastest discs though and both beaded. VP is not super over-stable IMO more like ION, champ aviars but less distance.

they are very HSS not super over stable flying if that makes sense...

Makes sense to me - much appreciated! Very HSS sounds just like what I want. Might even be able to take the place of my OS P&A duties, too.

yeah if you are not used to anything crazy OS like zones or rhynos etc then they are great and med. xlink is soooo durable its ridiculous.

we will see how the OS lace turns out.. for sure no XXX but probably faster FB/Pred...

I am still unclear if Vibram is talking OS Lace in terms of it being the difference between an Ibex and an Obex or the difference between a Ridge and a VP. I am guessing it is more like the Ibex and Obex difference. That means this new OS Lace is still not going to be the most overstable max D driver they will make.

Makes sense to me - much appreciated! Very HSS sounds just like what I want. Might even be able to take the place of my OS P&A duties, too.
That's my favorite thing about the VP and Ridge off the tee, their HSS. With decent form you can really crank on them and they're gonna ride straight until their predictable fades kick in.

I am still unclear if Vibram is talking OS Lace in terms of it being the difference between an Ibex and an Obex or the difference between a Ridge and a VP. I am guessing it is more like the Ibex and Obex difference. That means this new OS Lace is still not going to be the most overstable max D driver they will make.

That's how I understood it too. This will be the OS distance driver, with a massively overstable and an understable distance driver to come outs onetime in the future.

I threw them both against a yeti pro aviar. Yeti flipped flat turned a little. Ridge will flip flat just a little then fade. For me thrown flat its dead straight light fade. A little too much hyzer it will hold a long gentle sweep. And it holds anny neat disc. The vp can be thrown as hard as you want no turn if you throw it anhyzer it will come out of it. Always fades. I think I like the ridge but need some course time I've just been throwing them in the yard all flying 230-240 ft for me. I'm sure a bigger arm could see different.

We played birdie bash yesterday without vibrams ( didn't have em yet) played with a leopard and a yeti and scored 10 pts. It was windy and I wasn't throwing well but it plays fast and it's a fun format.
Charlie

Last edited:

I imagine their pros need something pretty stable-- hell I do and some slight adjustments to the PLH could do a lot for the lace in terms of stablity as well as the shape of the wing.. We will see and I do agree there will be a more stable disc in their future but as far as max d/go-to driver I hope this is it. The lace was close just not quite enough HSS. If you look at MVP's first run shocks vs their new runs they basically fly like night and day but there is just a few millimeter difference in PLH with a HUGE difference in stability.

Here's to hoping!! lol-- a med xlink OS driver will be nice and stable for a longgggggggg time too MMMmm..

That's my favorite thing about the VP and Ridge off the tee, their HSS. With decent form you can really crank on them and they're gonna ride straight until their predictable fades kick in.

Very true!! This threw me off at first when I got them, as I was used to being able to hyzer flip and turn over my (beat) grip pures, spikes at full power throws or get lazer straight shots where both the ridge and vip only turn over with OAT added and still have a little fade when finishing flat it was insane how hard I could juice them. I just hated they don't go very far without a ton of height'

Yeah I agree. I still haven't really incorporated the Ridge into my game off the tee cause I'm just not used to a line that's that straight.

I think I'm going to start, though. There are a couple holes I know of that need it.

Steve, the Ascent sucks. Now that I have your attention, lets talk about it... It's not that its overall a bad disc, but in its category why the hell would anyone pick it against molds like the Teebird, PD, Rival, Stag, whatever...? It gets out performed by pretty much all the competition.

Is there any chance of revisiting it and making it more like the Lace of fairway drivers? The Trak is cool, I love that thing to death but its a little too on the understable side for regular precision placement fairway shots. What specifically bugs me about it is that it doesn't glide well at all, for the same effort those "other" discs in its category out distance it by a significant margin, and it has a kind of annoyingly large angle on the rim surface where your finger pads would hold it (i.e. the latitude/innova + rim).

Maybe I'm crazy but I'd wager there are a good number of other people out there that think the Ascent is one of the less than stellar molds in the Vibram line up. Personally, I see no reason to carry it...

Steve, the Ascent sucks. Now that I have your attention, lets talk about it... It's not that its overall a bad disc, but in its category why the hell would anyone pick it against molds like the Teebird, PD, Rival, Stag, whatever...? It gets out performed by pretty much all the competition.

Is there any chance of revisiting it and making it more like the Lace of fairway drivers? The Trak is cool, I love that thing to death but its a little too on the understable side for regular precision placement fairway shots. What specifically bugs me about it is that it doesn't glide well at all, for the same effort those "other" discs in its category out distance it by a significant margin, and it has a kind of annoyingly large angle on the rim surface where your finger pads would hold it (i.e. the latitude/innova + rim).

Maybe I'm crazy but I'd wager there are a good number of other people out there that think the Ascent is one of the less than stellar molds in the Vibram line up. Personally, I see no reason to carry it...

You suck. Now that I have your attention, maybe people choose the Ascent over those other discs because they like the grip, and they like how it won't change flight characteristics after hitting trees like some of those other discs.

that's the thing though, i've had a few people tell me the ascent starts out nice and stable and then gets flippy quick. i have a medium 170 in my bag right now that i like a lot, but it hasn't seen much abuse though. for me it's a little longer than a teebird but not quite as long as a pd.

Status
Not open for further replies.