• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did go out and buy me a new Ascent today. I am hoping it stays more HSS than my first run has. For now it will replace the beat Predator. As far as the Mofwy goes, make it as beefy as you can Mr. Dodge. If I can't throw it backhand it may just barely be OS enough. :D

Vibram Whippet? Gosh, that would be brutal. I'm really looking forward to the Birdie Bash here in Orlando. It's on a short, fun course with lots of trees, it'll be nice to know that what I'm throwing can hold up to a hit or two. I'm debating picking up a Summit (the putter I selected for the Bash) to work with beforehand. Any Summit owners thrown an XD before? That's my primary putt & approach disc unless it's windy. Wondering how the Summit would compare.

The grip and feel of these discs is fantastic. Once I get my Birdie Bash discs I'll have a Lace, 2 Ascents (med & soft) and a Summit. I'll pick up a midrange and then start playing rain rounds without even worrying about releasing discs early.

NOLES28769

I just want to give your discs two thumbs UP! I plus 191 other people played in the OKCDGA Birdie Bash. Vibram disc rock! The Trak seemed to have replaced my polaris and sidewinder. Lol! And the t-shirt, that were included in the players pack, effin rock! "Trust your Rubber" amen! Good motto! :clap::)

I just want to give your discs two thumbs UP! I plus 85 other people played in the OKCDGA Birdie Bash. Vibram disc rock! The Trak seemed to have replaced my polaris and sidewinder. Lol! And the t-shirt, that were included in the players pack, effin rock! "Trust your Rubber" amen! Good motto! :clap::)

FTFY :eek:

I did go out and buy me a new Ascent today. I am hoping it stays more HSS than my first run has.
I'm replacing mine every six months, when they start to fly too flat. I'm in the market now for a fresh one in a good color. Wish I could find a heavy woodgrain one.
This is the only Vibram I've had to replace on a regular basis, my Ridges and VP's dont wear out, so I'm fine with sending Dodge a few bucks a year. He's gonna have to eat generic brand mac n cheese and pot pies for about 60 years to save enough money to send his daughter to college, so I kinda feel sorry for him.

I'm debating picking up a Summit (the putter I selected for the Bash) to work with beforehand. Any Summit owners thrown an XD before? That's my primary putt & approach disc unless it's windy. Wondering how the Summit would compare.

The Summit is very similar to an XD, which is why I dont throw it.
I always have a flat top XD in the bag.
The XD is .......................wait for it............................... LEGENDARY !

Summit is the same stability, although it does sit down faster than an XD, but the overlap prevents me from carrying a Summit.

The other reason is I carry a light Ridge, which can perform many of the duties a heavier Summit would be used for.

If you're looking to replace your XD's, the Summit will do just fine.

This is the only Vibram I've had to replace on a regular basis, my Ridges and VP's dont wear out, so I'm fine with sending Dodge a few bucks a year. He's gonna have to eat generic brand mac n cheese and pot pies for about 60 years to save enough money to send his daughter to college, so I kinda feel sorry for him

Dude that last part is hilarious, I tip my hat to you sir.

Any name picked out for the OSLace yet Steve?!

Well, knowing Steve his answer to this will be incredibly vague like, "Yup!"

You still rock Steve. Maybe we can have a naming contest on here and you could give the winner a couple of discs?

Maybe you should just call it "Yup." Ha!

How about we call the OS Lace the 'biner since it holds to its line no matter the headwind? Similar to how a carabiner supports a rock climber. The name implies that it is more stable and able to handle more adversity before giving way.

Any name picked out for the OSLace yet Steve?!

I know that Steve has mentioned the name "Leather" before (on DGTR and possibly here) as a possible name. I am not sure how serious he was.

Despite the fact that I do not particularly like the shoe themed names, I personally like "Traction" or "Tread" for the OS Lace. Actually, in my dream world, the OSLace is the Tread, the MOfwy is the Traction, the USfwy (dream world, remember?) is the Ravine, and then there's the Mobex and Ubex. Just some ideas that I like for them.

This is the only Vibram I've had to replace on a regular basis, my Ridges and VP's dont wear out, so I'm fine with sending Dodge a few bucks a year. He's gonna have to eat generic brand mac n cheese and pot pies for about 60 years to save enough money to send his daughter to college, so I kinda feel sorry for him.

Luckily Grandma will pitch in a few bucks. Every once in a while I am able to splurge ...

0001356200004_500X500.jpg

Any Summit owners thrown an XD before? That's my primary putt & approach disc unless it's windy. Wondering how the Summit would compare.

My very first disc back in 1987 was an XD. I never thought the XD would leave my bag, it was truly legendary. When my game would slide, it meant I was not throwing the XD enough. The Summit has replaced my XD and it too is magical. If I am within 150', the Summit is going to be making a run at the basket. It has saved many bad drives! The one big advantage is that I don't have to replace my Summit.

XDs beat up faster than a firm Ascent. :)

Steve, please make sure to put me on the Street Team, as well as the tester team, and you might as well put me on the Pinnacle team now so you won't have to do it later when I'm world champ.

So i am playing a birdie bash at a pitch and putt course all of the holes are less then 280 feet. I can throw a Roc about 250ish. What should I throw for the birdie bash? I was thinking the VP becasue I heard its kind of like a zone, but that would make for bad putting.

So i am playing a birdie bash at a pitch and putt course all of the holes are less then 280 feet. I can throw a Roc about 250ish. What should I throw for the birdie bash? I was thinking the VP becasue I heard its kind of like a zone, but that would make for bad putting.

The VP is similar to a Zone but it is higher profile. If you can throw a Roc 250'ish, I would recommend going with either an Ibex or Obex and a Ridge. The Ridge is stable enough to handle drives, and the Ibex and Obex should fly about as far as your Roc for you.

^ thanks, do I want these in max weight? Is one more similar to a buzzz or one more similar to roc only ask because my friend likes lo profile stuff like a buzzz as he throw side arm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts