• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last weekend I got to throw a Lace on just one hole. My friend that had it knew I was a fan of the Blizzard Katana for distance and told me I need to try a lighter Lace, his was 162 I believe. I threw it far enough that it convinced me to order one that same night. I just had to know if these things really fly that far all the time or was it one of those occasional freak throws I get. My medium 160 arrived in the mail today so off to the course I went. I threw it on every hole and now I am a believer. The wind was blowing pretty hard today with the occasional heavy gust and the Lace held up very well, especially for a disc so light.I am super impressed! Can't wait to throw it again tomorrow. It's a keeper already. Time to order some backups.

Last weekend I got to throw a Lace on just one hole. My friend that had it knew I was a fan of the Blizzard Katana for distance and told me I need to try a lighter Lace, his was 162 I believe. I threw it far enough that it convinced me to order one that same night. I just had to know if these things really fly that far all the time or was it one of those occasional freak throws I get. My medium 160 arrived in the mail today so off to the course I went. I threw it on every hole and now I am a believer. The wind was blowing pretty hard today with the occasional heavy gust and the Lace held up very well, especially for a disc so light.I am super impressed! Can't wait to throw it again tomorrow. It's a keeper already. Time to order some backups.

It really is a fantastic disc!

I'm simply amazed with the Lace. Last night, I ace ran a 430 ish foot hole that I generally am coming up short on with my Destroyer. That was in poor conditions too!

At the Memorial, I got some birdies on holes that I hadn't gotten in the previous years- Vista 16 twice, Fountain 16, Fountain 11 twice, Fountain 18 twice. The Long straight flight, with the ability to finish to the right (RHBH) is $$$

It is a pretty stinking unbelieveable disc. Unfortuantely I am having a hard time finding them in the local shops now.

Steve, when Phenix puts in their order next week, make sure that get some Medium Laces between 167 and 169. PLEASE!

If you don't have them, I suggest making more by the truck load.

Steve? What is this?

vibram-disc.jpg

Dog frisbee?

Ok, I am really liking the medium ridge for upshots and putts. Today it was raining, my ridges were very slick. Are the softs the grippy ones?

My medium's feel grippier if I leave them a little wet. If I dry them of as much as I can they feel a little slick. That may just be me though.

I like it so much more than my medium now, the power and weight shift is so much more apparent now. I can really feel the disc transfer the snap, my older firm vp doesn't have this kinda feeling. Digging the new firm, this is close to what I imagine xlink fusion would feel like.

would yall recommend these over some other putters?

You do realize you are asking this in a Vibram thread! :) Of course people will prefer these over other putters!

Have you tried other putters? I'm still trying to figure out which ones I prefer. I've used Magics, Ions, Wizards, Summit, VP, and Sole. I actually liked the Ion a lot, but I wasn't a big fan of how they felt. Though I never tried a soft one. I started getting into the Vibrams and I just love how they feel so I'm determined to find a putter I like from them. Starting to really love the VP, but I do love the low profile feel of the Summit.

^do what I do Prafeston, pair the VP and Summit together. I mainly put with the VP but I will pull out the Summit for strong tailwind putts and longer runs from outside the circle.

Status
Not open for further replies.