• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Vibram Open 2012!

if you reviewed all 6 NT's and you came up with Catrina having more points you need to recheck your math...

I guess I don't need to check my math again, because I didn't come up with Catrina having more points. It resulted in a tie.

I would just like to say how great it was seeing all my old friends in New England, and working with the greatest staff ever this past week. The players realize the difference such an awesome staff makes, and I got thanked more times last Thursday alone by a hundred golfers then I did the entire week in Charlotte serving almost 1100 golfers!

A big hearty thank you goes out to Steve Dodge, Scooter, Big Dog, Steve Ganz, Don Boutin, Tom Southwick, Karen Southwick, Bob Fleck, Lisa Fleck, Todd Dodge, Kit Bassett, Bob Graham, Sarah Dodge, Norma Dodge, Dave Boliver, Terry Miller, Rob Tatro, Tim Walsh, Lauren Lakeberg, Bear, and anybody whose name I missed but helped out as a spotter, parker / greeter, live scorer, on the video crew, food crew, with social media, extra events, and course upkeep for the greatest disc golf event and greatest disc golf course in our sport!

I got a shout out from Cat on her Disc Golf Guy interview on the PDGA homepage! I have finally made it in this world!

I've heard the Vibram is invite only, is this true? If so, how do I get an invite next year?

I guess I don't need to check my math again, because I didn't come up with Catrina having more points. It resulted in a tie.

sure dude, i was looking at all 6 events since you said you "researched" all of them, Val has the most points in the series, she should win but if for some odd reason they only use the top 3+ Vibram then Cat wins. Really pretty lame that a person can have the best overall performance on the National Tour and not win...

sure dude, i was looking at all 6 events since you said you "researched" all of them, Val has the most points in the series, she should win but if for some odd reason they only use the top 3+ Vibram then Cat wins. Really pretty lame that a person can have the best overall performance on the National Tour and not win...
I researched the 6 events per PDGA site to verify the scores listed on the Vibram Open NT Series Standings were correct. Also, the PDGA website explains the NT series and how winners are determined. Here is the link: http://www.pdga.com/national-tour

I'm sure on reason why they only take the top 3 of the first 5 NT events is because some players may not be able to play all five events. It also takes into an account a players top performances rather than discounts a player for having one bad event or missing an event possibly due to an injury. If a player missed one event then they wouldn't stand a chance to compete for the title. This is the same way our own league awards the points leader. I think that's a very fair way to do it.

First of all, PDGA HQ tracks the NT Points Series, and not Vibram.
Just an FYI, on the PDGA website, under PDGA Tour, there is a selection for National Tour. When the NT Point Series page opens up, the points standings is listed under "Current 2012 PDGA National Tour Elite Series Point Standings". This link redirects the person to The Vibram Open NT Series Standings points webpage. So PDGA HQ may "track" the point series, but the current standings is only "tracked" on the Vibram Open website.

I'm sure on reason why they only take the top 3 of the first 5 NT events is because some players may not be able to play all five events. It also takes into an account a players top performances rather than discounts a player for having one bad event or missing an event possibly due to an injury. If a player missed one event then they wouldn't stand a chance to compete for the title. This is the same way our own league awards the points leader. I think that's a very fair way to do it.

personally i dont think its a fair way to do it but then i have never been big on mulligans...

Awesome, this has been an exciting year in the Women's Open division and Cat has been playing very well. It's nice to see the women give Val some competition.

Yeah, and I think this is just the beginning. Cat has only been playing a couple years, so she is just getting started.

personally i dont think its a fair way to do it but then i have never been big on mulligans...

Not sure how else to do it on a national tour where you might not kill yourself to get across the country for a chance at getting 1000 instead of 600.

You can't have it both ways. On one hand your saying it's not fair to only use the top 3 events + the Vibram Open, on the other hand your saying a person who has the best overall performance should win.

Example:
Player A results - 100 - 100 - 0 - 100 - 100 - 100
That's five wins and one missed event due to an injury for a total points of 500

Player B results - 85 - 85 -85 - 85 - 85 - 85
That's six 5th place finishes for a total of 510 points

So because Player B played 1 more event that Player A, which has a much better performance, then Player B should win due to overall total points? That clearly doesn't make any sense. That's why they have the top 3 performances plus the final event performance. Only 2 of the 44 women listed on the NT points list played all six events.

Last edited:
You can't have it both ways. On one hand your saying it's not fair to only use the top 3 events + the Vibram Open, on the other hand your saying a person who has the best overall performance should win.

Example:
Player A results - 100 - 100 - 0 - 100 - 100 - 100
That's five wins and one missed event due to an injury for a total points of 500

Player B results - 85 - 85 -85 - 85 - 85 - 85
That's six 5th place finishes for a total of 510 points

So because Player B played 1 more event that Player A, which has a much better performance, then Player B should win due to overall total points? That clearly doesn't make any sense. That's why they have the top 3 performances plus the final event performance. Only 2 of the 44 women listed on the NT points list played all six events.

Very good post.

i know its hard for you to understand but i think its pretty obvious that i was refering to best overall performance in all the events, Catrina and Val both played all the NT's and Val had the best overall performance therefore she should of won, all the players had the opportunity to play in all of them and only 2 chose to do so, of those 2 the one that performed the best didnt win...