• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Vibram Open 2012!

I know there is a new tougher pad on 17. Anything else new this year?

There's a cleaner over land path to the pin on 5 now. Over the water is still the most direct route, but there is a safer option.

Hole 8 has been moved back and up the hill. Instead of the pin right on the water's edge, you know have to clear the water and climb the hill a little ways.

10 is the castle pin again. This forces a hard right turn at the path rather than the long anny bomb through the woods.

Looking at the scoring the new 17 is averaging about a bogie so far.

Wow, this surprises me. It shouldn't be scoring that high. Granted, it's a tricky green to reach on the second shot, but it's a wide open tee shot. The big arms should be able to position themselves for an easy second shot.

prelim ratings put this layout around two strokes tougher. gurthie and arthur out the gates hot.

this live scoring and insta pdga updates are amazing. whos to thank?

prelim ratings put this layout around two strokes tougher. gurthie and arthur out the gates hot.

this live scoring and insta pdga updates are amazing. whos to thank?

Must have a scorer on every hole or the groups are entering the scores digitally. It's cool though.

Big jerm blowing up early. With a 7 on hole one, a bogie on a hole he should own, hole 5 and a double on hole 6.

Interesting that the SSA for both Maple Hill and the course in England for the Euro Champs currently underway are almost identical at ~64 SSA.

Interesting that the SSA for both Maple Hill and the course in England for the Euro Champs currently underway are almost identical at ~64 SSA.

I know that the SSA is determined by the current tournament but is there a a way to see a general SSA for all courses? I.E. for this course, the SSA is usually a 47, etc. I know it won't be exact but it would still be nice to see what the SSA for my local courses are.

I know that the SSA is determined by the current tournament but is there a a way to see a general SSA for all courses? I.E. for this course, the SSA is usually a 47, etc. I know it won't be exact but it would still be nice to see what the SSA for my local courses are.

they pulled it from the site a few years ago

If you know the layout used for previous tournaments, you can get a pretty good estimate by looking at tournament results and finding scores that received ratings close to 1000.

Not any more. PDGA Board voted to suppress the info in database form a year or two ago. You can still find out by looking for the score in a rated event that's closest to 1000.

scared it was all they had of value. surprised someone hasnt data mined to recreate it yet. im not bashing. if this is inaccurate tell me the reasons why concealing the data isnt a childish move thats ultimately worse for the sport.

Looking at the scoring the new 17 is averaging about a bogie so far.

Ha the pars on this course at times are ridiculous.

A 500 foot hole that goes into the woods and doesn't have a deuce from the top players in the world is NOT a par 3.

Latest posts