• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Voodoo

I put two of these through the paces today at the course, they were the only two putters I had in my bag during the round and the later I went out to a field and threw some vs my wizards.

Pros: Great driving putter, holds a straight line forever. You can throw this disc pretty high and still get it to come down with minimal fade. It is definitely faster than my wizards. I had a lot of wind on the course and the voodoo penetrated mild and medium headwinds fairly well. I drive with a power grip on my putters a lot and this is by far the most comfortable putter to power grip for me. Out of the box this disc can hold a lot of lines, I had it hold a gentle hyzer, straight and gentle anhyzers all the way to the ground. I feel like this is the disc I wanted the warlock to be, different enough from the wizard to be useful.

Cons: Very deep rim, hard for me to get a good grip on with fan grips and my putting grip. I could not get a consistent release on fan grip shots, the rim would hook my middle finger a lot b/c i couldn't clear it quickly enough. flies new like a beat wizard which is ok but it probably wont stay like that long. Was not a big fan of this as a putter putter but that could just me being used to my wizards or not really being able to grip it well. The glide on this putter means that approach shots in the wind are hard to judge. While it drives well in the wind it seemed like all my finesse shots got battered around a ton.

What I always judge against for putters is "will this replace my wizard?" I say probably not but it might compliment it. I am a bit of a disc minimalist so it probably wont stay in the bag in the long run but it really is a useful disc.

It is Challenger/KC Aviar deep. That's a good thing in my opinion. If the Wizard was that deep, I wouldn't have gone back to KC's

DGDAVE said:
It is Challenger/KC Aviar deep. That's a good thing in my opinion. If the Wizard was that deep, I wouldn't have gone back to KC's
this disc sounds pretty $$$

Anyone toss the E Voodoos yet? Is it stiff or flexy E?

I really like the stamp for it.

I threw my E-Voodoo today. It is far from stiff, but I wouldn't call it flimsy either. It is kind of right in the middle. It seems to fly just like my Soft one, with maybe a bit more fade at the end. Pretty decent, but not really an "E" putter kind of guy. I prefer the "S" stuff for putting/driving.

Thread Revival!

So who's still throwing the Voodoo? I finally got around to testing some out, and I have to say, first impressions: "Me Likey."
I have a Soft S and an E, both 175. I normally putt with a stiff Glow Wizard, approaches/jump putts with a stiff Radius. I took both out for rounds on Sunday and Monday, used just the Voodoos. Results are favorable.

Pros
• Great feel in my hand: I have huge gorilla mitts for hands, so the deepness feels good, and the lack of a bead didn't take too long to get used to.
• Fast! Might be the fastest putter I've thrown, and as such...
• Great glide: good for driving

Cons
• Straight out of the box: how quickly will this get flippy?
• Glide; too much of a good thing can be bad, especially on touchy approaches
• Too soft (for me): I've seen Mediums online, but have yet to get a hold of one.

If I could get some stiff Mediums, stiff E plastic or Glow Voodoos, I would be more pleased with this disc. Overall though, I have to say this is another good putter from the good putter company.

I switched to the voodoo and I really like it. I want to get an E voodoo to see how it works for approaches. Currently I am throwing a soft for approaches and organics for putting. The softs I got were actually pretty stiff. I like the organics for putting because they are really chalky and I love the grip. I believe Dynamic Discs has glows.

Only tried 2 rounds then shelved.

I like how it sits dead flat on landing. You can throw it flat and land it just the same for no hyzering into trouble spots or roll aways. I never adapted to the grip for accuracy as good as my Wizards or Auroras, and it tries to fill a gap in my bag that does not exist.

Good disc, but not good enough to matter to me. I haven't driven with it yet b/c of the snow, but for putting, it's too close to the Wizard to care. Deep dish feel, but not enough to really matter. I'm too invested in Wizards now to ever switch, anyway.

I am fairly new to the game. Have been playing once a week for about 3 months now. I started with the Inova Birdie then went to and Avair P&A. I am currenlty using a soft Voodoo and really like it. I can throw it about 220feet of the tee which is good for me (my drivers only go about 270 :( ). I also use it for putting i like the feel of it a lot.

Frank_Delicious said:
The glows I have tried are not stiff like Glow wizards, they feel more like softs.
Hmmm, disappointing assessment. Where did you get your glows from?

cmlasley said:
Good disc, but not good enough to matter to me. I haven't driven with it yet b/c of the snow, but for putting, it's too close to the Wizard to care. Deep dish feel, but not enough to really matter. I'm too invested in Wizards now to ever switch, anyway.
These were my initial feelings as well, but I've been impressed enough to want to give it a fair chance.

Latest posts