• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Wasp throwers

Just picked up a flat Z Wasp. All I can say is "What took me so long?" It looks very much like a Mace but has a straighter finish for me.

I used to throw D and ESP Wasps until both went OOP. I still have a good condition ESP in my disc storage.

To go back to the original question: With a significant right to left wind, throwing RHBH, I prefer a slow overstable driver (Trident, Whippet, or similar) turned deliberately into the wind a little. Let it penetrate forward and to the right a bit and then fade back to the target.

I got an older elite z wasp off fb but it looks like Jolly launcher kinda cool but it is slightly domey im hoping to beat it into a straight to slight turnover mid. Its weird so far it has some turn but tons of fade.. Anyone gotten one straight to slightly understable?

It took four years, but I have an old opaque pearly Z that is in that spot. It's a thing of beauty.

I have a pearly one i been throwing since i started playing 4 years ago and its still just straight. I cant wait to get this new one (for me) turning

i have one that is three years old and its a 170g. bought it new to use it for power hard mid shots that i can put all my mustard on but know its not going to turn and burn. still in that condition. discraft z plastic honestly lasts for quite a grip.

my flat heavy (best in my opinion) i got pretty well used it appeared. flies almost like new. that plastic is amazing durable. i think its one of disc golfs best kept secrets how well a z plastic keeps its stability.

also for z stalkers it takes me about 3 years of work horse drives with it to get it to kinda flippy. just a little turn on it. as for my z buzz, z meteor and z hornet. all in the bag for probably 2-3 years. not much change in flight if any. and i use my buzz and meteor a ton.

i guess you could say i have a semi for discraft z plastic

I think I should try Wasp.

ive never thrown a sentenal or whatever. but youll be able to find most winds with a wasp. and youll get twice as much d outta it as your buzz os. plus feels in hand similar to comet

With all the hype around the Buzzz OS, I really thought that it might threaten my Wasp. After some testing between the two I was amazed at how little competition there was. The Wasp stays with me because it is a perfect mix of control and OS predictability.

Good description. I can always count on my z wasp coming back, in a decent wind. But it has great glide and distance.

With all the hype around the Buzzz OS, I really thought that it might threaten my Wasp. After some testing between the two I was amazed at how little competition there was. The Wasp stays with me because it is a perfect mix of control and OS predictability.

you know what im saying dog. buzz os is a piece of trash. hornet and wasp combo staying in my bag for sure. and the wasp is so perfect i honestly rarely ever need to throw my hornet- the thing looks brand new and ive have it for like 3 years. (well besides the two aces with it ;) )

wasp gives you the d, control, and predictable os.

buzz os gives you a short dump.

ill admit i was scared for my wasps that i love so dearly cuz the buzz os sounded great on paper. but after trying one out there was no way in hell that that thing was going to stay in my bag.

wasps all day

I just got a z wasp to go with my buzzz. I was hoping it was going to be flat like the buzzz's that I've liked but its kind of domey. The flight is fine but I prefer the feel of the flatter top. I'm just wondering if I get another that's flat can I expect it to fly about the same? Or are they all domey?

Some are flat some are domey, I prefer the flat ones. The domey ones tend to hold straight longer before fading, flying more like a new Z buzz. They also roll a lot better when flat IMO.

Does anyone use their Wasp a lot in headwinds? I haven't had a lot of opportunities in which to throw mine into the wind. I have a proto Shark3 that's extremely beefy, but I don't bag the Shark3 and Wasp together because I feel they overlap.

I was considering using the Shark3 as trade bait, but was wondering if the Wasp performs well enough in the wind to let the Shark3 go? Anyone have any thoughts?

yeah i do.

but if its a gale force wind, i throw my hornet. if its about to blow me over i shouldnt be playing anyways but ill throw a firebird.

I throw the Wasp in headwinds, with some hyzer and taking a little snap off it, but lately I've been powering down a Resitor for those shots instead.

ive thrown my 165 wasp into 10 mph of headwind and it did fine and that's my lightest straight one. just a tiny hyzer and it pops up and holds straight then fades. my heavier ones do much better in head winds.