• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Wasp throwers

Nice. Now Discraft would be very wise to run some Big Z Wasps, especially if they were board flat.

as long as they hold their stability like regular z wasps do i would buy one

I really would love to see some X Wasps run again. The most beat wasp in my bag took 2 years to beat in to the point where it flies like a new beefy buzzz. I'd also enjoy Big Z Wasps.

i saw the domey ones at gggt actually. ive been lucky enough to get the board flat ones. even online blind order from marshall street.

You're a MN Local?

Yeah, good luck finding flat Z's at gggt, everytime I swing through I feel them up and take home the flatties :eek:

I never had the pleasure of throwing a nice X or ESP wasp. My oldest (a pearly pink like the top 2 in tbird's pic) is about 5 years old and very straight. It is irreplaceable. Also have an old, non pearly, flat yellow... Mix 'em in with flat Cryztals, raspberry Ti's, and a couple flat new Zs.

Last edited:
You're a MN Local?

Yeah, good luck finding flat Z's at gggt, everytime I swing through I feel them up and take home the flatties :eek:

haha!! i always buy the x outs cuz im cheap and dont really care about the stamp. all they have left for the heavies are GREEN and DOMEY :gross:

2 of my most undesired for wasps haha! its been that way in there for like 6 months now it sucks. im about to just order from marshall street once my inventory gets low, and its my most lost disc. lets hope its not anytime soon haha!

i have one like those top two. its a light 165. i like one light one cuz i can really rip on them and theyll fly kinda like a more stable buzz. but extra D and you know there not going to turn on you. once i break in my current light one to flippy but its been over 3 years and im not seeing that happen anytime soon. z lasts forever

Last edited:
2 of my most undesired for wasps haha! its been that way in there for like 6 months now it sucks.

I actually just grabbed a max weight neon pink flatty and a puddle top 170 light blue about.... 3 weeks ago? I even left another flat blue and a flat clearish-green that felt great but... clearish green would kill me.

I started throwing the Wasp as my primary mid in 2007 and have only lost 2 thus far. So I'm doing pretty good in that regard. Both that I have lost were ones I was trying to season in to match my aforementioned pearly.

[edit]: also, funny story. Last summer I played league with a guy, I noticed him throwing Wasps and made a comment about it. And he was like, "Yeah, I know you throw them, I saw you picking out the good flat ones last time I was at GGGT".

Feels good to get recognized :p

Last edited:
i picked up my first 2 wasps a few weeks ago - 175g misprints, a little dome - and am unimpressed so far. i may need to seek out some flatter ones. they just don't fly much different than the buzz. i threw all discraft mids a few years ago, and used a glo buzz for my OS mid. the wasps i have now are less beefy than the glo buzzs i've thrown before. i was using a roc/stingray combo for the last few years, and the buzz slowly worked their way back into the bag. then the rest of the discraft mids found their way in as well :D i throw bh/fh as needed, no real preference, and found that the buzz is easier to throw fh.

on a side note, i got my first meteor and DANG that is a sweet disc!

Yup, the flat ones are where it's at with Wasps. Any sort of dome and the stability just gets sapped out of 'em.

Am I the only one flipping through the rack of Wasps and seeing the flat ones all crystal clear, Jolly Launcher looking plastic, and the domed ones more of a... I dunno. "ZSP" plastic? Discraft's version of champystar/glopto.

There are some really nice candy Z Wasps on the shelf and the only backup I have for my Wasp is an ace disc. If there's a Buzzz OS looming I think I'll hold my $$$.

the flat heavies are the money ones. however i have bagged for the past 3 years a 168g light flat one in addition to my flat heavies. it flies far and wont turn. like a buzz but i know it wont turn and i can put a ton of mustard on it. the z plastic takes forever to beat in i love it

NEVER gonna let go of my board flat RASPBERRY 177g TI Wasp! Can't believe they're OOP now...

Yep, I too was disappointed in my domey Z Wasp. I picked up a couple of flat Ti Wasps from a member here and stability is good.

edit: just noticed this was my second post on this thread. Yes, I love them THAT much! LOL

I didn't think it was that hard to find good flat ones.
The only one i have seen that is not flat, is my LE Glow.

that's kinda what i was thinking. so who's got some flat wasps for me? :popcorn:

Track down some of the Cryztal ones from the recent LE run.. they are all board flat. GGGT still had a bunch last time I looked.

[edit]: it wasn't hard to find flatties until somewhat recently. I think they just had a domey run, and it finally is trickling into the retailers since Wasps don't sell like Buzzzes. Regardless, even in the new stock I still see plenty of Flatties, but as mentioned earlier the flatties are usually jolly-launcher-esque (but softer) and the opaque ones are muffin-topping a bit. Just keep your eyes peeled. Still plenty of flats on shelves, just grab them before other wasp throwers do.

Last edited:
Agreed. A nice consistent fade, not too sharp not too shallow...reliable

Yeah, for some crazy reason I considered taking my 175g Flat Z Wasp out of my bag in order to minimize the molds I carry. Terrible idea since that disc has been absolutely crucial in every tournament I've played this year. Will not turn over yet doesn't have a big skip fade. Very predictable and love that I won't over-shoot the basket with it.

Yup. To me its priceless. The flattop models just leave the hand so quick and fade so consistently. Its the perfect compliment to my Buzzz & Wasp

Latest posts