• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] Westside Warship

I took my Lava Tourney Warship for its first run today. I have to say I am impressed. Didn't take near as much power to really fling it and it powers down nicely, too. Definitely Buzzzlike, but with longer legs. A better Buzzz if you will. Its definitely a keeper. Doesn't hurt that its rather sharp looking, too.:thmbup:

my new warship. cant wait to throw it :thmbup:

sparklewarship.jpg

so pain warship fuse line up? core and fuse overlap too much for me, is the warship my in-between , pain and fuse then?

I am going to be a Warship out this weekend Vs. my Axis and running a Pain, Warship, Fuse line up and have my Axis as a driver as such. (Lost my Vector so back to the Pain lol)

Tourney slight dome to flat (occasionally even some concave)

Opto slight to medium dome

Didn't measure shoulder

Warships are not going to fill the spot between a core and pain. They are more like a straighter, longer mid. I'm using Pain, Warship, Fuse right now and it is covering all my bases. Warship will hold a hyzer, dead straight, but I haven't really experimented with turnovers. It feels great in the hand and glides well.

Shaping any shot was pretty easily done..at least I didn't have any troubles. Slight right was easier than I thought it would be. I have the Fuse for harder right. I too am running a Pain, Warship and Fuse bag. The way it played yesterday, I don't see that changing any time soon.:thmbup:

I like my flat top buzz better for forehand. After throwing both today, The warship is good but I think its a Little too understable to rip forehand over 200-250ft. It has better glide than the buzz though and holds lines much better. Like alot of westside/Lat64 discs I think its better thrown at 75%-80% power rather than full arm speed.. Maybe thats just my style and control issues :) Im carrying a colorshift warship now though that has taken the spot previous filled by my cryztal meteor and opto fuse.

So I'm more interested in how it compares to Buzzzes? Is it going to want to replace my buzzz? I currently throw a 180g CFlx(green) buzzz (stable flavor of buzzz)...Runnin' around with a CFLX Drone, Buzzz, and Opto and GL Fuse currently...a GL Pain hops in and out of my bag...which it did after kicking out ESP Hornets...

It hasnt replaced my buzz becuz i think a flat buzz is the absolute best forehand/Utility disc out there! I feel confident reaching for the warship tho for anything straight and 200ft or less. A slower river is a good comparison but so is a less stable roc with better glide :) both are pretty accurate. I find I can control this much better than a river, which is now my backhand turnover disc. Anything harder right and Ill throw forehand..

I am really loving my new Warship the glide is sneaky long for a mid range tho I can gage my Axis as more a driver/mid I am loving the Warship and could take over the mid spot.