• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Wet concrete tee pads... cheating?

Fritz said:
ATL Scott said:
Johnny Walker Red said:
Nice diversionary tactic.

Diversionary would be going "hey look over there someone just got an ace" and then pouring water all over the pad. But I wouldn't do that, I follow the rules.

But you aren't following the rules. You are modifying the course. That's a rule violation.

Edit: On top of that, if you were in my group, I'd give you a courtesy violation warning because you just made the tee pad condition unsafe.

Making a teepad wet isn't making it unsafe. All you have to do is throw with better form and no injury will ensue. Or you could just back off a little and still throw with crappy form. How else do people play in the rain every time it rains? Or every time I pour water on the pad?

FYI I have started only pouring water on the area my plant foot will end up. Now that's courteous.

ATL Scott said:
Fritz said:
ATL Scott said:
Johnny Walker Red said:
Nice diversionary tactic.

Diversionary would be going "hey look over there someone just got an ace" and then pouring water all over the pad. But I wouldn't do that, I follow the rules.

But you aren't following the rules. You are modifying the course. That's a rule violation.

Edit: On top of that, if you were in my group, I'd give you a courtesy violation warning because you just made the tee pad condition unsafe.

Making a teepad wet isn't making it unsafe. All you have to do is throw with better form and no injury will ensue. Or you could just back off a little and still throw with crappy form. How else do people play in the rain every time it rains? Or every time I pour water on the pad?

FYI I have started only pouring water on the area my plant foot will end up. Now that's courteous.

Nothing wrong with my form. I have great form. If it's not raining, I shouldn't have to modify my form to throw on a teepad that should be dry, that players in the other groups won't be exposed to. You cannot use the same form in wet conditions that you use in dry conditions. And I bet the majority of players would agree with that statement.
Your run up changes, your power allocations for leg power change and your grip changes.

If it's raining, EVERYONE in the tournament is exposed to that condition, and EVERYONE has had to make the necessarily adjustments to their form.
Play during wet conditions for the majority of players is more conservative and less distance.
You pouring water on the teepad only exposes your group to modified conditions, causing your group to make adjustments that other players don't have to make, giving you an advantage and the other players in your group a disadvantage.

Wet + Concrete = Unsafe plain and simple. Or we could just all run around at the pool and not worry about slipping on our ass.