• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] What are your Headwind and Tailwind drivers?

Headwind: 175 Champ FB or 175 Champ Banshee
Tailwind: 172 Champ Mamba or 162 GL River

No matter the wind the answer is Eagle.

Circle stamp for strong wind, switching to regular champ for lighter winds. Make my way through star and settle on a broke in dx in a tailwind.

I too stopped throwing anything faster than fairways this year and it has really helped my game.

May substitute a flippy/straight mid for the dx eagle in a tailwind depending on the shot.

I too am "discing down" No more speed 12,13 or 14 thats madness. I get much more control from my speed 9 escapes. I'll step up to the Renegade if I need that extra 20 or 30 feet. It's made me a better scorer for sure.

Headwind: Trespass, Escape, Suspect
Tailwind: Renegade, River, M4

The GL River is shaky in the wind. Opto does a better job standing up to the wind, however still shaky. The exact hole and wind direction will change my mind about throwing this pretty quickly.

I just got a pd2 and it's awesome for really strong headwinds. Tail winds Ill throw either my beat wraith or my 150 starlite wraith.

Headwind: SP Tsunami, Champ Banshee, or Champ Teebird depending on how much wind.

Tailwind: It used to be a 149g StarLite Valkyrie until I discovered I get just as much distance and more control from a "normal weight" DX Leopard.

Ape eats headwinds and a Speed Demon for tailwinds. FH drives only.

Headwind: 175g Glow Champ Destroyer or 170g Glow Champ Firebird (depending on distance)

Tailwind: 166g Champ Destroyer or 170g Sidewinder (depending on line I need to throw)

Depending on the wind it could be champ eagle to CPD to star FB.
Tailwind is an inertia or a beat up DX eagle

These are the most and least stable discs in my bag in each distance category.

Distance head: newish Pro Boss
Distance tail: Unlace or beat R-Pro Boss

Fairway head: Z-Pred
Fairway tail: beat JLS

Mid head: Drone
Mid tail: Stratus

headwind- glow max but that depends on the power of the headwind. 10+ i will throw max
9 and below i will throw krait on a hyzer flip.

tailwind- mamba tyedye. or blizzard krait.

Latest posts